For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bramble - Needs Operation!

+7
nicola
pokbg
Ceri
Ali
Teddy
*Prince*
maddymoo
11 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Bramble - Needs Operation! Empty Bramble - Needs Operation!

Post by maddymoo Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:33 am

She's limping. Her right rear leg is bothering her. She's weight bearing, but guarding. She's very tentitive with using it tho, and is not running and jumping like a loon (although she's just jumped up onto the sofa, yeay). She is a bit subdued, but is difficult to check properly as she is that submissive that when I pick her up and move her leg to see if she yelps, she is just quiet and her eyes go very wide, which I think is pain. Thats another thing she's not chattering constantly and keeps laying down. She stretched before and made a very odd yelpy type sound. Poor lamb. As she is weight bearing we are going to keep and eye on her and see how she is in the morning, as more than anything is worrying her being so quiet. We are hoping that she's just landed a bit hard when being nutsey and has a 'dead leg'.

Last edited by maddymoo on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Bramble - Needs Operation! Empty Re: Bramble - Needs Operation!

Post by *Prince* Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:22 pm

Aww, poor Bramble. How is she this morning Helen?
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:26 pm

She's so much better! She spent all night at my feet on our bed, sleeping with her dodgey leg stretched out in front of her, then this morning I noticed she was curled up normally. She's had a bite to eat and is much more vocal (still not our shouty little boo tho, I think she must have had a little shock). She's also cantering around normally, tail high with her gay little trot! LOL! So I think she's fine and just landed funny on it and the rest has done it good. Poor mite. Thanks for asking. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:43 pm

Hmmmmm, I'm not happy. She's just had a funny little stretch with her leg and couldn't weight bear on it for a moment... but appears fine again...? I don't think it warrents a trip to the vets just yet, but certainly will be keeping an eye for the next couple days...
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:18 pm

sorry to hear that Helen, but yes, a trip to the vets is in order.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:38 pm

Just back from the vets as she went up on her back legs to get a good snif of what I was eating (lol) and when she went back down, her leg went under her and she shrieked and backed off into the corner, eyes wide crying.
I called my vets, which were shut and our out of ours is over the water and the journey is too long for her as she really freaks out in cars. So, I called another vets, whom once I'd explained, registered her on the spot and gave me an appointment straight away (hoooray!). Needless to say, by the time I'd done this she was cantering around normally again. Anyhoo, got her in the carrier and took her on just a 5min car journey (Bramble vocally protesting the whole way!, poor lamb had an accident in the carrier too).

The vet was brilliant with her (even carefully unhooked Brambles claws from my arm as she was clinging to her mum). She manipulated her leg and it looks like a soft tissue injury, like a sprain or something, so she has had a painkiller injection and we have some painkillers to give her with food for the next few days, and if she's no better in 5 days, to bring her back for an x-ray. Oh and we've been advised to stop her jumping around and playing with Mads for the next few days... hmmm, yeah, like thats gunna be easy! lol

She's asleep on the window sill now, and I'm so much happier she's been seen and has some pain relief. I don't like to think of my baby in pain.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:32 pm

Aaaww poor Bramble, sounds like she has strained it while being *nutsy* LOL ( love that word). The painkiller will help tho, but as for stopping her jumping around, is the vet mad??? cats like to jump around. Anyway, hopefully by tomorrow she'll be much better. Bramble - Needs Operation! 357198
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:00 pm

So glad you had a lovely understanding vet to have a look at her. Lets hope she's sorted by tomorrow. As for "restraining" her from playing................ h e l l o! Shocked
Just keep us posted (like you wouldnt!) xx
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:32 am

Awww poor little Bramble. I hope the leg gets better soon. Give her a big hug from me. xxx
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1236
Cat(s): : Isis
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://AliJones.myarbonne.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:09 pm

Oh, she's just ran down the stairs and pounced at Mads! Gahhhhh! Now she's limping a bit... daft little thing! But she must be feeling better. lol
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceri Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:12 pm

Poor Bramble with her poorly leg, glad she's looking better now Helen. Must have put your mind at rest going to the vets and having it checked and those painkillers should be helping. Sending healing vibes and hugs Bramble's way!! x

Ceri
Kitty-Chatter
Kitty-Chatter

Number of posts : 260
Cat(s): : Moli, Misty & Monty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:37 pm

Poor little Bramble-Girl... sending her lots of snuggles! Hope her leg is feeling better now!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:24 pm

Poor thing. She's still limping and keeps on having painful moments where she pulls her leg up and hops backwards shieking before laying down. I'm not sure wether to give her some more pain relief... I don't want her having too much as the pain is stopping her running round like a nutter, and I don't want her doing any further damage, but she's already had her painkillers for today and is clearly still in a bit of pain... I may give her just a tiny bit more as a one off, but will wait til bed time. x

P.S Bramble says thank you for all her huggles. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:33 pm

Bless... poor little mite still not feeling fine. Yes... that does turn into a owrry... if she feels no pain she might actually be hurting herself more by running about...

I hope she'll be ok soon!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:41 pm

God Helen i'm so sorry mate i only just seen this!

Poor Bramble with her bad leg, i do hope she feels better soon, give her a big kiss form me and mine xx

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:14 pm

LOL! She saw me 'tamper' with her food and now won't touch it, even tho she happily munched it all down yesterday with the medicine in! LOL! Little bugger! She keeps on having a mad run then stops and limps as she remembers it hurts! Poor lamb.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:39 pm

You know it really must be so painful for her to let you know. As I said in the other thread, cats are really good at hiding pain, yet poor wee Bramble can't help but show it hurts. Poor toot, I would be wrapping her in cotton wool. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:42 pm

I know, breaks my heart to see her. She's def not our little boo. She's just so quiet and is lounging around so much. I think I'm going to give up putting the pain killers in her food and just shove it down her neck once shes ate, so that I def know she's getting some.

I'm away from wed night, so if she's no better by Thurs, Calvins gunna take her back to that nice vet we took her to on Sat.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:47 pm

Good idea. I bought a pill buster a while back when Sam was ill and it is the best thing for giving pills, you still need two people but it's over with so quickly.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:57 pm

Hopefully she'll be better by Thursday (hopefully she's better now!)... poor little baby Bramble... sending her lots of snuggles...

And poor you having to give her painkillers! Eeeeeek! Cats and pills just don't mix.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:53 am

Hmmmmm, the way she's jumping at the window trying to catch a moth (on the other side...*sigh*) you'd think there's nowt wrong with her! LOL! Oh She must be feeling better (or is about to feel very bad! LOL)
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:17 pm

maddymoo uh that's(your user name) my sister's friend's nickname lawl

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:32 pm

Poor Bramble! Well... she's appeared to be much better, but has still been having limping episodes. Today, things got so much worse. I got home to find my baby putting her in the carrier and explaining we were off to the vets again... when he got home from work, she jumped down from the window sill and collapsed, screaming, so called the vets. We took her in again and the vet now found that her kneecap was dislocated and moving in and out very easily. It looks like she has a congenital condition and she definately needs an operation to correct it, so she's going in on friday. We got home, got her settled and went out to asda to get her some nice food to have her painkiller with and when we got back.. the noise was unreal, she was under the bed dragging her back leg absolutely screaming her head off! It was (is) horrible. Needless to say we gave her food with painkiller in under the bed, then took her straight back to the vets. Her knee had popped out completely, so it had to be popped back in. She just started purring and headbutting me once the vet popped it in. While she was till there, the vet gave her a stronger painkiller (will still onlt last 6-8hours) and it popped out another couple of times. So the vet has shown me how to gently manipulate her leg if it dislocates again and if that doesn't work, they are 24hr so to call and take her back in.... its going to be a long night..
Poor lamb is laying on the floor in front of me now, her back legs stretched out behind her (she can't walk properly at all now, just hobbles a bit then collapses.. its heart breaking), but she's still purring for her mum.
With it being congenital, its likely her other leg will go, and is showing signs already, but can only do one at a time really. Gads, I wish we had got her insured, this is all gunna cost over a grand (for both), but I don't care, I just want her well again. My poor little girl. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:53 pm

AAaawww Maddy how awful for all of you and poor wee Bramble she must be in so much pain. And the infuriating thing is sitting watching her in pain and you can't really so anything. Is it possible to strap her leg up so that she has support? oh my heart is breaking for you all.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:09 am

I don't know, as its now popping out spontaneously, and it has to be free for her to stretch it as this hopefully pops it in. Its horrid to see her like this. The poor lamb can't run or walk, she hobbles a couple of paces then collapses and cries. Can't get out of work so will give her plenty painkillers before I leave than will beg for a half day. I hate the idea that if it popps out to the point it won't go back, that she would be laying there screaming with no help. I'm toying with the idea of shutting her in a room by herself with food, water and litter tray, but that would stress her out so much, she would prob end up hurting herself and I think she'll be wanting Mads to curl up with too. So will be relying on her being sensible and if it hurts just collapsing on the floor as she has been and resting. Of course there'll be 'accidents' where she can't make it to the tray, but I couldn't care less about that right now. I just don't know whats for the best. We may, take her in tomorrow night and have her stay an extra night where they have proper painkillers. Will see how she gets on. Its frightening how she's just suddenly gone downhill.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next