For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ted has a new home

+3
maddymoo
pokbg
Teddy
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ted has a new home Empty Ted has a new home

Post by Teddy Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:27 pm

Oh I feel awful. Am glad he's going to someone who will be able to give him the time and attention we couldn't but am sad that it's come to this. I have to take him to the cattery tomorrow at 7.30am and he will then be taken to Dundee and handed over to the other CP branch and then taken right to his new home. So he'll be in a pen until the driver is ready to take him down, probably a couple of hours at the most. Am sure he'll be fine though as he will see all the other cats and get some company and he's a very good traveller. He just sits there looking out quite happy. So he's off and it will feel so weird. But he does deserve a better home. Crying or Very sad
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Ted has a new home Empty Re: Ted has a new home

Post by pokbg Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:41 pm

(((((hugs))))) Oh, Kath... Oh, I'm so sad and so happy at the same time... don't know whether to cry or cheer... I'm so happy that the right home might have been found for him... hopefully with someone who'll have tons of tiem to entertain the little mite until he's knackered! lol! And so sad he's going... you must be so crushed... but it's the right choice.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:10 am

((((((((((((((more hugs)))))))))))))))

It is the right thing to do. He'll wonder whats going on, but will be too distracted by everything around him, and then will be getting lots of attention in a new home! It'll be an adventure to him, and far worse for you. We all know how much you love him. ((((((((even more hugs)))))))
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:32 am

Hi Kath,

So pleased to hear he's found a new home Very Happy but sad to think we probably won't hear about his antics now Crying or Very sad Please drop a not very subtle hint about his new owners joining here Wink Will they keep in touch with you?

You know you've done the right thing for him, but it might take a while to fully realise just how much you miss him. As the others have said, it'll be harder for you than Ted.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:42 am

We dropped him off at the cattery this morning and on our way there the little bugger started drooling at the mouth, I think a hair ball is about to explode from him. LOL Just like Ted to leave his mark before he goes on another adventure. I've given him his bed and blanket with him, all his toys and his favourite bright pink pen LOL God I feel awful, I really really hope I've done the right thing. He's off to Whitby, East Lothian, I always thought Whitby was in Yorkshire, obviously there must be two. I've left my email address on the list of likes and dislikes and I've asked them to contact me if they are concerned about anything and CP will also let me know how he is doing. There is also another cat going to stay in Edinburgh and I know both cats are very dear to CP's heart up here so am sure I will hear how he's doing. I miss the big thug with his massive feet already. Crying or Very sad But I know Moto will be happier and that's a good thing. Smile
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:13 am

Of course you've done the right thing Kath, it's Teds happiness that counts, and if by going to a new home he gets all the company he wants/needs, he'll soon settle down.

I hope they keep in contact about him, then you can keep us updated Very Happy

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:17 pm

I hope so as well, but experience has taught me that once the cat has settled in people don't keep you informed and part of me can understand that as it is their cat from then on, and they don't realise that we still worry. The only thing that am not too happy about is the fact that he's so far away, he's a good traveller though, although we haven't had him on such a long journey, but he's never even squeaked when we've had him in the carrier.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:10 pm

Took these last night. Teddy playing with his pens as usual.
Ted has a new home DSCF00701

And going crossed eyed trying to focus on the pen Steve was holding. LOL

Ted has a new home DSCF0066

And Moto sitting in the background, minding his own business. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:14 pm

I don't like you saying he deserves a 'better' home, Kath. You looked after Ted so well and you'd do well to remember that young lady! You did all you could to give him a happy life, it's not your fault you have to work and he's such high maintainance. You're bound to feel sad about him leaving and question whether it's the right thing to do, but you know deep down it is. I'm sure he'll adjust quickly and be happy in his new home.

Do you know much about his new owners?
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:32 pm

I'll slap my own wrists then Laura. LOL All I know is that it's a youngish couple, no children although that wouldn't be a problem for Ted, he would just have more people to play with. They live in a ground floor flat and they work shifts, so there will always be someone there for him.
I didn't mention about him being a thug but I was tempted to put in some blu tac and to tell them to stick down all the breakables. LOL Am just wishing CP would let me know if he's there yet, once he was down there, he was being taken straight to his new home, but I suppose it's a fair distance so maybe am being too impatient.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:40 pm

He'll be fine Kath, they'll let you know he's arrived safely and has settled in good time, tho' I don't suppose you'll relax till you've heard.....hell, we won't relax till you've heard from them reported back here Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:36 pm

Haha! Look at him with those pens! Ahhhhh, I'm imaging the look on the young couple's faces the first time they see him with a pen! LOL! They have it all to come, and no doubt he'll capture their hearts like he's captured yours (and ours), with the added bonus of one of them being around at all times so without as much destruction! *crosses fingers*

I hope you hear soon so you can put your mind at rest. ((((more hugs))))) Oh and listen to Laura! Nobody could have done more than you did for him, you've gave him a fantastic home!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:07 pm

LOL, well I am (we're) still waiting for news, goodness sakes, don't they know we want to know how he is. Laughing

The house is very quiet without him, Moto is relaxed asleep on the sofa (ok he's relieved LOL) ans we haven't seen Sophie at all, and we came home at 5.30, maybe she sulking. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:53 pm

Are you allowed the couple's phone number or email? Or is that breaking CP rules? Shame if you can't as you would have been able to speak to them directly. Well, maybe not. If it were me I'd be phoning every 10 minutes "Is he okay?..... what about now?.........I'm just calling to see if he's okay now?" etc. Hee hee.
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:55 pm

PMSL, I would do the same so it's a good job we're not allowed contact numbers although I did give them my e-mail address. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:07 pm

Oh bless... what great piccies of the handsome boy!

(((((hugs))))) It will seems to empty with you for a while, Kath... but hopefully Moto will get back to his good old self now... and please do not feel bad... sad, yes, cannot help you there, as I know it must be so heartbreaking... but don't feel bad. You guys tried so incredibly hard with Teddy! You gave him a wonderful home. And hopefully this will be the prefect place for him... where he can be worn out, so people can have a bit of a breather! lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:55 pm

This is what I got sent to me from CP today, sounds as though he will have a ball. LOL

We had a good journey down the road yesterday, eerily very quiet. From what I could see I think both Jock and Teddy slept a good part of the way. When we arrived at Teddy's new home his new owner, Amanda, kindly said I could sit Jock in the hall way in his pet carrier so he wasn't left cooking in the car. Teddy was straight out of his carrier and exploring the sitting room and kitchen finding every high place he could to jump up on to. Amanda was clearly desperate to stroke him and shower him with affection and couldn't take her eyes off him but he was having none of it, there was exploring to do and that was priority. I left him with a look about him that said, yes I like this place, now put the kettle on, we'll have a cuppa and then I'll explore the rest!
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:24 pm

Awww that brought a tear to my eye! I'm so happy! That sounds like the best possible introduction for Ted bear! We knew he'd be fascinated by the new surroundings! Oh he will be having a ball! I bet you feel such relief from that email. Go Teddy! Awwwww, bless him, and big hugs to you Kath.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:12 am

Oh bless! That sounds fab... so happy it sounds like he likes the place and that the journey went well. His new family sounds like they're already smitten with him, although they didn't get a chance to play with him! lol!

(((((hugs)))))
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:22 am

His new home sounds great Kath, and it must be a relief for you to have heard back about Ted.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:11 pm

I didn't pick up on the email until we came home from the hospital last night, so it was a lovely surprise. I had to laugh when I read about him jumping up onto the high places, oh yes I reckon it was a mistake not to put the Blu Tac with him. LOL I feel so much better now, knowing he had a good journey and it certainly sounds as though he will be loved and looked after.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:27 pm

He sounds very confident in his new home which is such a good sign. From that email he seems to be settling in like a dream - what a relief for you, Kath.

Let's hope we can have more updates like that Ted has a new home 579159
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:34 pm

CP make a call approx 1-2 weeks after the cats are rehomed and then after that, that's it.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:49 pm

That's a shame, although I suppose you can't expect much more from the CP Wink
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:06 pm

I think as well that the new owners wouldn't want to always be answerable to CP and they want the cat as there *own*.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down