For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At long last, I've found it............

4 posters

Go down

At long last, I've found it............ Empty At long last, I've found it............

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:36 pm

.........Bolas secret hiding place that is.

I hadn't seen him for a few hours earlier today, he didn't come in when I called him, so assumed he was in the house but where was he? I thought I'd looked everywhere, but decided to check again, got to the spare bedroom where he usually has his afternoon nap, but nope, still no sign of him.

He's been a bit off colour today, very lethargic and hardly eating and those are unheard of with him, so I was getting a tad worried, but as I was on my way out of the spare bedroom, I happened to glance up at the top of a wardrobe, and there he was, peeping at me from behind a cardboard box there. I still can't work out how he got there tbh, even from the bed it's still a hell of a jump for a cat, but at least I know where he hides now.

He's stil refusing food Shocked and spent hours asleep on my bed when he came down off the wardrobe, and this is as unusual as him not eating, but he's just gone outside, so hopefully he's feeling a bit better now.

Ian

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

At long last, I've found it............ Empty Re: At long last, I've found it............

Post by maddymoo Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:39 pm

I hope he's just feeling a little under the weather and is feeling better now. Get well soon Bola!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

At long last, I've found it............ Empty Re: At long last, I've found it............

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:24 pm

He seems ok now, at least he's just bullied poor William away from a saucer of cat milk and eaten some of Fudges dry food on my bedroom windowsill.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:09 pm

Could just have been having an off day, like we all get occasionally, glad he's feeling better though, it is a worry.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:37 am

lol! Was a bit worried there... but if he has the energy to bug the others then I'm sure he's fine! lol!

Little buggers they are... it's amazing the places they hide... not just hide, but it's like they turn blooming invisible!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:09 am

Normal service has (kind of) been resumed today, tho' he still isn't eating much.

He *demanded* I got up at 6 and for the next 45 minutes did a pretty good impression of a tornado in my house, tho' he's curled up asleep again atm.

As for him hiding, I've lost count of the times I've looked/called for him in the house, but no sign, only to come thro' the door when I'm outside looking for him.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:13 pm

And Bola is still refusing food. He's *asking* for it, but turning his nose up at whatever I give him. He's not a fussy eater so this is very odd, and he's even refusing dry atm, so something is amiss. He's eaten a bit of cooked sliced beef, but that's it today.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:04 pm

If it's possible Ian, check his teeth, there may be a gum/tooth infection that is stopping him eating. Poor thing, something is wrong that's for sure.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:25 pm

I agree, it sounds like there's something definately wrong with him. I hope he feels more like himself soon.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:14 am

Oh the poor little mite... hope it is just that he's gotten a little cut or something in his mouth (eaten/chewed on something he shouldn't have) and that there's no problems with his teeth.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:14 am

Hi All,

His teeth seem fine, tho' I expected nothing else tbh. If he can eat the cooked beef I gave him (tough/chewy brisket) then good old tinned cat food would present no problem. He barely touched his breakfast again today, and the bowl of dry has much the same amount as when I refilled it last night so he hasn't touched that.

All this is getting stranger because even Jimmy, Fudge and Ginger also refused the same brand of food, Animonda, yesterday, whereas a couple of days ago they would have killed for it. I got a flavour, Turkey and Rabbit that I'd never bought before, and just put it down to them not liking that, so opened a tin of Turkey and Shrimp, which they'd loved before, but not this time confused

Bola is his usual playful/feisty self, and barring sleeping more than usual, seems fine.

'EDIT'

He's presently munching on his dry.

'EDIT #2'

I forgot to mention this yesterday.

He was lay right next to Fudge in the garden and I saw him have a good retch, twice. Nothing came up, which is just as well as it wouldn't have pleased Fudge much, nor me having to clean her. Maybe he just has a upset stomach, but that doesn't explain why the other cats are refusing food, unless there's a bug going round and they all have it???

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:14 pm

It could also be that they are all going through the inevitable *no way am I eating that, I know I ate it yesterday, but that was then and this is now*, my lot do this so often, it drives me crazy. Sophie pulled that one this morning. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:14 pm

Teddy wrote:It could also be that they are all going through the inevitable *no way am I eating that, I know I ate it yesterday, but that was then and this is now*, my lot do this so often, it drives me crazy. Sophie pulled that one this morning. LOL
Ugh... tell me about it... Pok can be the worst when it comes to this... luckily he still likes the Tesco Premium pouches, as I really don't know what to do whaen the day comes and he's decided he don't like it... as he refuses to any other brand!

I hope it's not a bug, it could just be that it's summer... Pok and BG will change their eating and grooming habits throughout the year... even now when they're in the flat all the time.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:16 pm

Teddy wrote:It could also be that they are all going through the inevitable *no way am I eating that, I know I ate it yesterday, but that was then and this is now*, my lot do this so often, it drives me crazy. Sophie pulled that one this morning. LOL
Could be Kath, could be. I try and get round this by buying several different flavours. The last order was for 42 cans (6 cans each of 7 flavours) so they shouldn't get fed up of getting the same thing every day.......at least in theory.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:04 pm

ROFL but we both know that the theory goes right out the window where our cats are concerned. At long last, I've found it............ 43453 The only thing that Moto consistantly eats even after 4 years is tinned tuna, but as you know they can't have that too often. It still makes me wonder why they suddenly went off chicken, they are slowly coming round to it again, but not with the way they use to. Fickle, the lot of them. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:59 am

The contrary little sod is tucking into some Whiskas chicken in jelly atm, something he wouldn't touch a week ago Evil or Very Mad Laughing

He woke me at 5am today, playing with *something* solid in the junk room, there's no carpet down so it was loud. At 5.20 I'd had enough, so got up to see just what the hell he'd found to play with, and of course found him in lay the bathroom with a *as soft as they come* stuffed mouse toy. I still haven't found what he was chucking around earlier.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down