For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to the vets!

4 posters

Go down

Back to the vets! Empty Back to the vets!

Post by *Prince* Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:40 am

We are taking our Chunk of Love back to the vets tonight, as his skin (flea allergy) hasnt cleared up properly since he got the steroid injection. Poor fella, cant stop nibbling at his back. The vet said at the time, that if it didnt work then he had a Plan B! Gadz I can feel the stress already of getting him in his carrier. Then we have still got to get him booked in to have his tooth removed. Think I will make an appt for next week, now that Ive been paid.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Back to the vets! Empty Re: Back to the vets!

Post by Teddy Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:33 pm

Oh stresses all round, putting Sam in a carrier was a nightmare, we had to get the carrier in the house and place it upright then grab sam from behind and drop him into the carrie feet first, it was a battle, so I don't envy you that one. Bettter see what plan B is as itchy skin is a torment, poot Prince, he'll be fine getting his tooth out, you'll be stressed, as will your bank balance but he'll be fine. LOL good luck x
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:19 pm

Poor Prince! Oh that'll be driving him nuts. Is it definately a flea allergy? If so, have you treat the house and soft furnishings? Oh I do hope plan B works for him. Good luck Nic and Princey-pie. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:55 pm

We're back, and my big boy was as good as gold (well apart from trying to hide behind the furniture when he saw "the box"! LOL!
It definitely is a flea allergy, so vet has given him a 2nd steroid injection to calm it down, and we're just going to try Stronghold as opposed to Frontline, as he reckons the flea is still at large, as with all the damp weather and putting the heating on, its just perfect conditions for the freakin fleas to breed. *shudders*.
Have also got some stuff to treat the soft furnishings etc, as although the chemicals are not ideal, its more important our boy is happy again and not gnawing his back off!
Booked him in for his tooth removal for a week on Friday (my poor chunky lamb). Crying or Very sad
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:07 pm

Oh those pesky fleas, poor Princy boy, I bet he was crawling the wall trying to get that itch, keep your fingers crossed the second injection works. Back to the vets! 579159
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:16 pm

As you know, I'm a firm believer in the treating the home too, LOL, oh I bet my house is pickled with all the chemicals, its a wonder we haven't mutated! LOL! But as you say, its perfect breeding conditions, so best to wipe the little buggers out with the hard stuff!

Poor Princey-pie, as Kath says lets hope the second injection works *keeping fingers crossed too*. If you can, try and forget about his tooth removal until nearer the time, its such a stressful thing, it doesn't matter how routine the op or how fir our pets are, we always worry and think the worst. But he will be fine, you won't but he will! Big hugs to your big brave chunky boy.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:57 am

Glad to hear the trip to the vets went to well - good boy! Here's hoping the injections will take care of all the nasties!

And best of luck with the tooth removal... lots of snuggles to Prince!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down