For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tootie's back from the vets!

5 posters

Go down

Tootie's back from the vets! Empty Tootie's back from the vets!

Post by heather Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:29 pm

Tootie is back from the vets. He is fine, she says it does look like it has got infected so he's had an anti-biotic injection and he's got to have anti-biotic drops for a week. Also she checked in his ears and said they were a bit waxy, and that may be why he is scratching behind his ears, so we have also got to use ear cleanser and ear drops for a week.
Now for the scary part- the bill!!! My dog had her booster injections which was about £30 but my total bill was £101!!! Shocked
It's crazy how it all adds up isn't it!!!

She never mentioned about whether or not Tootie should wear a lamp-shade collar. Because I was thinking, if he keeps messing with it or scratching it while it's healing, it might not get better. What do you guys think about it?

I've also got to figure out how to get his anti-biotic drops down him! They can be given with food so perhaps he could have them on a bit of tuna fish or something similar!

Heather
heather
heather

Number of posts : 22
Cat(s): : Sylvester, Matilda, Gizmo and Tootie
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Tootie's back from the vets! Empty Re: Tootie's back from the vets!

Post by pokbg Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:36 pm

Poor little Tootie! Here's hoping the antibiotics will do the trick! And hopefully he'll leave it alone too, and won't need a collar (I don't even dare to imagine how it would be if Pok had to wear one...). But if he keeps "grooming" it, you might want to give the vet a call and see if you can borrow one.

And poor you and your wallet! It's crazy-money being spent each time there's a vet visit... Last time I had to take the little ones in for their injections I called around to all the vets to see what prices they charged... some charged double of what others did!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:01 pm

So glad tootie is going to be fine. Steve was asking **why doesn't she just use a cotton bud**, oh he wears me down at times. LOL Pretty hefty vet bill though, sometimes I think it's just a licence to print money.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:03 pm

Glad to hear Tootie got on fine, although that bill must have stung a bit! OUCH!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:21 pm

Awwww, bless him. I'm so glad he's gunna be ok. If he's a good eater, then I'd be tempted to give him a little bit of his favourite food with the drops on (but don't let him see you put them on! lol). You could see what he's like without the buster collar first, as once the antibiotics and ear drops have started kicking in, it should be less irritating to him and he shouldn't mess with it as much, I just say this, as I know how much stress the buster collar caused Bramble, and if it'll work without, then do so, but ob, if he won't leave it alone, have a word with your vet.

Give him some kisses from me. I hopr he feels much better very soon. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by heather Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:30 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind words!

I've now found out that I could have asked my vet for the prescription for the anti-biotics, ear cleaner and drops and bought them over the internet for less than half the price!!!!! How can they justify charging double the amount to the internet prices?! I always get my frontline and wormers off the internet too which works out soooooo much cheaper!
It's just a shame that I sometimes feel that the vets want to rob you blind! I should feel that they want to help my pets! It's just hard to see it that way when you get your bill!

I'm going to keep an eye on Tootie and hopefully he will stop scratching his sore spot!

Heather
heather
heather

Number of posts : 22
Cat(s): : Sylvester, Matilda, Gizmo and Tootie
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:56 pm

It is so annoying but we're also paying for their time and experience, their premises and everything else that goes along with a business, so although they probably do want to help our pets they are also running a business and have to pay for it all which they pass on to us.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down