For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back from vets

5 posters

Go down

Back from vets Empty Back from vets

Post by maddymoo Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:24 pm

LOL! The vet looked a little nervous, she was one that wasn't used to dealing with Mads and asked us what she was like as it said 'very aggressive' on her notes! LOL! So she checked her over and decided against taking her temp (prob wise) and Mads is absolutely fine, she just has a cold. If her clear runny nose turns snotty and she starts getting ill in herself then we're to give them a call LOL!

Bramble was nervous and jumpy as hell and kept trying to burrow and hide in her dads coat! LOL! The vet was eyeing us up saying that she's very nervous, and we had to agree and tell her that she'd like that most the time, gads I felt abusive! Two cats with behavioural problems (one overweight)... looks great eh? LOL! Anyhoo, she really felt sorry for Boo who despite being desperate to get away and cornered didn't try to bite or scratch or anthing. Bramble's eye is a bit red, but there's no ulcer or anything nasty, so we have cream to out in twice a day in both eyes, which we'll start tonight to give her a chance to get over the trauma of her visit to the vets.

The cost Shocked for the consultation, worming tablets, cream for eyes and more CD food for Mads was £156! Shocked Shocked Shocked I nearly choked as I handed my card over! LOL!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Back from vets Empty Re: Back from vets

Post by pokbg Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:39 pm

maddymoo wrote:
The cost Shocked for the consultation, worming tablets, cream for eyes and more CD food for Mads was £156! Shocked Shocked Shocked I nearly choked as I handed my card over! LOL!
Goodness me!!!! I would have choked the vet, never mind nearly choking... lol!

Good to hear the two of them are ok... so hoping that Maddys runny nose will be back to normal soon, and Brambles eye will be ok, and that she'll be ok havign it applied.

*sigh* I know... going to the vets is like trying to take a naught small child to a restaurant... you just hope and pray there won't be an incident, making you feel like a failure in bringing the babies up (wether they're human or kitties). lol! Luckily BG is as good as gold (she really is an angel), but of ourse there we get the "what the heck are you feeding her - an elephant a day?" look. And with Pok it could go either way... either he'll be as good as gold too, and we feel ridiculous having warned the vet that he might be a bit naughty/aggressive... or he will be a true wild card, and we have to fish him out from behind drawers, running after him into supply closets (why the heck do the vets always leave the door open to the supply closet as soon as they go in there?), jumping onto the counters knocking everythign off, or he might bite.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:11 pm

OMG! that is expensive! But so glad to hear the girls are ok, if just a little run down. Aww hugs to the wee and not so wee princesses! Hee hee!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:10 pm

Jeez helen that's ridiculous, what a price. Thankfully they're both fine but what a Back from vets 265331 rip off.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:11 pm

Glad to hear that both your girls are ok, Helen. Gosh what an expense, don't know how they can charge extortionate prices, but there ya go.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:50 pm

Aye I know, clearly the consultation must have included a diamond studded collar for each of them! LOL! Perfect timing as well, when we could all do with less expense... maybe the vets are upping their prices to compensate! LOL
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down