For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another vets visit due!

3 posters

Go down

Another vets visit due! Empty Another vets visit due!

Post by maddymoo Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:05 pm

Boo's been scratching her ear quite a bit last night and this morning so we've had a quick look at her ears and one of them is rather gungey! I think our little Boo has an ear infection, one things certain.... it hasn't effected her appetite. Laughing She's already been fed and is still hanging around the food bowls giving us that look everytime we go in her direction and when we walk past her she starts licking and pretending to eat from the empty bowls... damn that move makes me feel guilty! Laughing
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Another vets visit due! Empty Re: Another vets visit due!

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:08 pm

Gungey ears on cats, never nice, not least the seeming constant scratching, it's a wonder they don't draw blood sometimes.

If she's a bit deaf atm, she'll be claiming she never heard you tell her there's no more food Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:55 pm

oh could be the dreaded ear mites, bet the itching is driving her crazy.

One thing though with her constantly licking her empty bowl it must be clean all the time. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:35 pm

Oh the bowl thing is great! I'm only washing their bowls out once a week as Boo is doing it for me! Rofl!... that makes me a bad mum doesn't it? LOL! That combined with their wierd water preference (the water in their bowls downstairs has to be stale.. whereas in the upstairs bowl it has to be uber fresh), if anyone came round i'd look terrible.. cat cleaning the bowls and water that has been out for 3 days before its changed (I won't let them have it any staker than that! lol).
Gads, now if Boo has ear mites? Oh that just makes me a stinky cat owner! Rofl! Its a good job you guys know I'm devoted to them! lol
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:21 pm

ROFL, behave!!! well am a stinky rabbit owner as their mites were eating the edges of their ears and now they have cauliflower looking lugs. LOL So between that and my *bites* am a minger.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:24 pm

LOL, I'd forgotten aboot that! Poor things. Now the one that makes me cringe is when the bunnies get poop on their bums and the summer flies lay their eggs... oh the poor things, makes me cringe, that must drive them nuts.

Well, I've just had a Boo on my lap enjoying a good ear rub! lol
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:55 pm

aaaggghhh that's called Fly-strike and it kills them, one of our bunnies, he died god bless him, he had awful problems with his bum, we had to always clean him, but didn't matter how often we did it, he was clarted. Thankfully he never got fly-stike though. No-one tells you this when you buy a cute tiny fluffy bunny do they? LOl
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:34 pm

Hmmmm not sure what to do now.. he ear actually looks better, she's not scratching it like mad, but is being a little wingey (er than usual Laughing ) yesterday she was seeking me out like mad and today she's a sleepy wee thing and just wants to be near us and isn't too happy being picked up... strange behaviour as she normally cries to be picked up and purrs her head off when I do.
I don't want to upset her further is its not neccessary, if her ear was still gungey then no question, I'd be straight to the vets with her. Somethings not right tho, I think she's maybe just under the weather as the poor thing reacts to everything (after her vaccination she cried if we touched her scruff Rolling Eyes ) she doesn't seem to try and hide things like most cats..
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:14 pm

aawww what a sweetie, she's a delicate little toot, leave her another day Helen and if she's still the same tomorrow or gets worse today then take her back. Sometimes a good long sleep helps, but only if they decide to sleep. Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:23 pm

Aye thats it, if they decide to sleep. lol. I have! lol! Just woke up... fell asleep and woke up to my partner grumbling about ants (p'd section lol), I actually had a pool of sweat in my sternal notch... lovely! Lol!

I'll see how she is tomorrow, she's now outside playing with Mads, so madam can't be that bad. lol
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:51 pm

em?? she maybe has Berry Bugs. Another vets visit due! 43453
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:53 pm

Boo has just threw up a hairball bigger than she is! lol! And rather worryingly some thread. She's now hiding as asumes she's in trouble Rolling Eyes poor thing. But this could be why she's been out of sorts, I bet she'll be feeling alot better now its out. Think I'll have to grrom her more often lol.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:55 pm

Groomings fine, what about the thread? LOL Has she taken up sewing? Thread/string anything like that really worries me as I always think it's going to wrap around the intestines, think I've been watching too many vet programmes, but it's scary, imagine if that happened. Bet she will feel so much better now.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:10 pm

Exactly, that worries me too, so I'm glad it got chucked up! lol! It was a surprisingly long piece as well, oh she'll try eating anything, its like having a small child around! lol.

I think she's absolutely fine now as has been screaming her head off and jumping up yelling at me, shouting walking back and forth, to draw our attention to the fact her stomach needs refilling! Another vets visit due! 43453 I caved and gave her some..
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:28 pm

refill it with food then, tell her thread is a no no, it doesn't taste good. Dental floss is another thing you have to watch out for in our house, little sods love the taste of mint.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:02 pm

Haha, aye, the minty thing, Mads loves the minty sauce that comes with currys and she also has a thing for cotton buds and we have to keep elastic bands from her as she'll happily munch down one of those! Boo isn't picky however, she'll hoover up anything, I still can't believe she ate some of my key lime pie that time, I would have thought that would've been safe!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:10 pm

hahahaha obviouly nothing is safe from the hoover.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down