For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

back from the vets

+2
pokbg
*Prince*
6 posters

Go down

back from the vets Empty back from the vets

Post by *Prince* Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:24 pm

We had to take The Chunk of Love to the vet this morning, as over the past couple of days, he has been scratching and gnawing at his back like mad! When this happened about 18 months ago, it was because he has a bad reaction to flea bites, and here we are again! Last night the poor boy was non-stop licking and scratching, so we phoned this morning and they said to take him in.
The vet gave him a steroid injection like the last time and a penicillin injection.
That was bad enough, but the real concern the vet has, is his teeth again. One of his back teeth is looking pretty bad, the nerve is almost showing, so he wants him to have that taken out!
Another general anaesthetic, but if we leave it, it will only get worse.
I feel so worried for my poor boy. Vet said to let him get over this first and get him booked in for a couple of weeks time. back from the vets 975384
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

back from the vets Empty Re: back from the vets

Post by pokbg Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:35 pm

Awwww... poor Princeyboy!!! Sending lots of snuggles to the gorgeous boy! And lots of snuggles to you too... it's such a worry when something has to be done with anestethics... but he'll be absolutely fine, and then he won't get any toothache later...

Hope the shots works quickly now (Pok is the same... got a horrible reaction to fleas in the garden... was full of scabs the poor thing)!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:15 am

Awwww Nicki, he'll be fine. I bet he's feeling pretty awful with his tooth atm, just think of how much better he'll feel after that tooth is removed. It is such a worry, as harsh as this sounds, try not to think about it until you have to. (((hugs))) to Princeyboy.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:57 am

As pokbg and Helen said, she'l be fine and will feel much better if the tooth is bothering her atm.

I keep meaning to take Fudge to the vets about her teeth, well, more her gums tbh. She's had dark patches on them for all the time I've had her, which I've always put down to pigmentation, and the online research I've done supports that idea, but they look unsightly.

She did lose a upper fang a while back, tho' the rest of her teeth seem solid enough, but with her much prefering dry food, if there are problems it may be a bit too late to do much about it at her age now.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:25 pm

We always fear the worse when operations are mentioned, but Nicki, Prince will be fine, he's a strong healthy boy and atm he must be feeling like ****, so the best thing is to get that tooth out. I think I mentioned to you the last time that Sam had to have a tooth out and a scale, and I was so worried but he was ok, bit groggy afterwards and he sulked for a couple of days but after that he was back to his old self. Isn't it amazing though how they just carry on as though nothing is wrong, whereas we would be crawling the walls. Try not and worry too much Nicki, it will all be done and dusted before long. xx
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:45 pm

Awwww poor princy boy, i do hope he feels better soon x

nicola