For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's very, very cold this morning.....

+3
*Prince*
littlekitty
Ian B
7 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

It's very, very cold this morning..... Empty It's very, very cold this morning.....

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:03 am

.........so I expected a full house when I got up, but there was only Bola and William, and he went straight outside. I don't know where Ginger Tom is, this is the first time in weeks he hasn't been in when I got up, he didn't even touch the chicken wing I'd left him late last night, so maybe he didn't even stay the night.

Fudge has just surfaced and she's freezing, and William has just come back in. Strange when they've all got somewhere warm to stay they choose to be outside confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

It's very, very cold this morning..... Empty Re: It's very, very cold this morning.....

Post by littlekitty Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:12 am

Hi Ian,
It's pretty much the same here at the moment. Buddy has just come in after spending most of the night outside in the rain and cold, even though they are free to come and go he still decides to stay out. I do worry about him when he stays out, all I can do is hope that he is somewhere warm and dry. Mary isn't over keen on this weather, she will go out for a wee then straight back in again.
Cats are funny things aren't they?
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

It's very, very cold this morning..... Empty Re: It's very, very cold this morning.....

Post by *Prince* Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:39 am

Princey stayed out quite late last night too, in those horrible cold showers, but we left the lazy tinker in bed when we came out this morning (couldnt make the bed) Rolling Eyes
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:41 am

I've got a full house now, barring GT who is still *missing in action* Bola, Fudge and William have been joined by Dexter and Jimmy from next door. My neighbours must let them out and the first thing they do is call here Laughing tho' I can't say as I blame them, it's cold and wet atm.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:15 pm

And still no sign of GT, even tho' he isn't the friendliest of cats and doesn't much like company, I miss him when he's not here.

Ian

Last edited by Ian B on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:25 pm

Oh they are funny creatures right enough, GT is wandering about outside in the cold when he could be snug and warm, now where is the logic in that, he'll turn up though. We had a sprinkling of snow this morning and it's freezing bit neither Moto or Sophie were going about when we left this morning. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:30 pm

Teddy wrote:Oh they are funny creatures right enough, GT is wandering about outside in the cold when he could be snug and warm, now where is the logic in that, he'll turn up though. We had a sprinkling of snow this morning and it's freezing bit neither Moto or Sophie were going about when we left this morning. Laughing
I think I *may* have found out why he's not here................a jumper had somehow fallen out of my wardrobe and a cat (read GT) had been sick on it, don't ask me how I know it was GT, I just do Wink He's probably just keeping out of my way, and that's a wise thing to do tbh.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:51 pm

aaaggghhh SICK, yuk, well it could have been worse, it could have been on the carpet, at least with a jumper you can sling it in the washing machine. Speaking of sick, last night Moto was eating his supper, he gets his first cos he never lets up with miaowing until he gets food, so he's eating and I am opening Sophie's sachet, well, Moto couldn't get his food over his throat quick enough cos he thought Sophie was getting something different. Well he chocked didn't he, and you should have heard the noise, luckily he wasn't sick but what a pig of a cat. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:10 pm

Eeeeew, cats being sick and cats choking! Greedy munters the lot of them! Laughing Poor Princey has been couching/retching quite a bit lately, but not being sick. I think its cos the poor lamb has been licking at his back so much, its been fur! I HATE the noise, it upsets me that I cant do anything to help him, even though I know its only retching.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:31 pm

It's only retching, that noise is worse than the sick noise and that's sayinh something, and why are they so loud. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:18 pm

Still no sign of Ginger Tom Crying or Very sad and I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't worried.

I've never been 100% convinced of his health, he's sick too often for comfort, and it isn't the *normal* cat sick.......excuse the details, but it's a usually a horrible grey coloured mucus containing a lot of hair with very little food, and almost always brought back in the morning.

For a cat that's spent 90% of his time in the house for weeks now, only going out to do his business and have a quick prowl, this sudden disappearance is baffling. I've been out several times today looking for and shouting him, but nothing, and as neither I nor anyone I've asked knows where he really belongs, there's nothing more I can do.

The more I think about the scabs I found on his body, the more I have to consider he has some form of mange. There's no hair loss, but this amount of scabs and his being underweight even tho' he's getting regular meals here, suggests something is wrong, even if it isn't mange. God forbid he's been hurt somehow, but I can't see that as he's plenty street wise.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:28 pm

We have to hope that he has a home somewhere, although if he does, the owners should have seen to him before now, poor thing, I really hope he has another*adopted* home that he visits every now and again, maybe it's their turn for him to visit.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:38 pm

Teddy wrote:We have to hope that he has a home somewhere, although if he does, the owners should have seen to him before now, poor thing, I really hope he has another*adopted* home that he visits every now and again, maybe it's their turn for him to visit.
That's just it Kath, the amount of time he spends here surely he doesn't have anywhere else to go, when he does go out it's only usually for 10 > 15 minutes at most, not long enough for him to go elsewhere before coming back here. The fact that he didn't even touch his chicken wing last night suggests he was ill.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:48 pm

We just have to hope he comes back, but all day outside isn't good, there isn't anything more you can do Ian and it's the helpless feeling it gives you that is hard to deal with. Keeping my fingers crossed that he'll turn up before too long.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:17 am

And still no sign of Ginger Tom, that's 36 hours now Crying or Very sad

If nothing has happened to him I hope he's gone back home (if he has one) or at least found somewhere warm to sleep as the overnight temperature was bloody freezing, it looks like it's been snowing but it's only frost.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:22 am

But it doesn't sound as though he has a home does it, he maybe a cat that just gets the wanderlust and takes off only to come back when it suits him. Am sure whereever he is he will have found a warm dry spot to shelter.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:45 am

Teddy wrote:But it doesn't sound as though he has a home does it, he maybe a cat that just gets the wanderlust and takes off only to come back when it suits him. Am sure whereever he is he will have found a warm dry spot to shelter.
Could be, but here's been here since Beckett was PTS and that's 7 months now, so for him to suddenly disappear after all that time seems odd.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:07 pm

I know am just trying to be positive, it's worrying but I don't want to think that something has happened to him. Lets just say he is ill, I just can't understand why he would disappear like that, you would think he would want to stay where its warm, safe and a steady supply of food. But we can't think like cats, so yet again, I am putting how I would feel into it. Worrying though. I kept thinking of him last night.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:24 pm

On the bright side, Bolas mum has just turned up for the first time in many weeks Very Happy so maybe GT has just wandered somewhere else/home. The catch is I know she has a home whereas with GT I simply don't know.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:26 pm

This is one where you're just going to have to sit out am afraid, in the meantime, am glad Bolas mum has come to call Laughing just strolling by to say hello.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:31 pm

Hi Kath,

Yeah, you're right, I can't do any more for him than I already have done.

As for Bolas mum, I just wish I had some way of capturing the sounds she makes when eating, I've never heard a cat growl and snarl with a mouthful of food like she does Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:27 pm

You should have heard Callie, not all the time but if Callum got that little bit too close, she told him. Funny thing was, she was the shy one, who followed him around, but where food was concerned, she was right in ther. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:14 pm

He's back Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

He came strolling into the living room just before 4pm, asked for something to eat, ate half a big tin of Bozita 'mystery flavour' (which he isn't that keen on normally) then asked for the rest, ate that then asked for more Shocked so I gave him some wafer thin ham. He then nipped upstairs and is currently fast asleep on my bed.

If he's not been ill, perhaps he's been trapped somewhere? That's the only thing I can think of.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:19 pm

Yahoooo, oh that is the best news I've had all day, he may have been in a garage or something, but no matter as long as he's fine, very hungry, but fine, bet he sleps most of the night now. Very Happy Very Happy It's very, very cold this morning..... 579159 By the way read him the riot act, disappearing and getting us all worried. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:13 pm

Hi Kath,

Thanks, I can't deny that even if he isn't really mine, or the friendliest cat in the world, I was still dead chuffed to see him again Very Happy

I'll have to wait till he wakes up before telling him off, he's sleeping the sleep of the dead atm Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next