For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's very, very cold this morning.....

+3
*Prince*
littlekitty
Ian B
7 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 3 Empty Re: It's very, very cold this morning.....

Post by Ian B Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:32 pm

The spraying black tom sneaked in (again Evil or Very Mad) about 20 minutes ago just as GT was having a chicken wing in the hall (it started in the kitchen but......) A proper cat fight started which only stopped when I raced downstairs, and the black tom hared off thro' the flap. By the looks of things GT was coming a poor second which surprised me, it must be an age thing as they're well matched physically.

Fudge has always swapped and changed her fav sleeping places, so to see her do it again wasn't so much of a surprise, but her refusing to stay in the same room as GT was. Maybe it's because he hasn't been neutered, tho' she has so he's no *threat* to her in that respect.

Strangely, since she *moved* into the kitchen she's become more tolerant of Jimmy Shocked She will chase him, but it's not at first sight like it used to be, I've even left them alone together in the kitchen today and nothing happened.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 3 Empty Re: It's very, very cold this morning.....

Post by pokbg Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:37 pm

Ian B wrote:
Strangely, since she *moved* into the kitchen she's become more tolerant of Jimmy Shocked
lol! Maybe she's trying to get Jimmy onto her "team" so they can gather up and go against Ginger Tom!? ROFL!

Catfight is never good... but atleast it was today and not yesterday, with poor GT feeling so bad (but then again it could be the black one wouldn't have bothered with a fight then).
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:58 pm

Glad to hear GT is in the clear. Amused at all the changing of dynamics AGAIN in your household. It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 3 43453
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:06 pm

pokbg wrote:
Ian B wrote:
Strangely, since she *moved* into the kitchen she's become more tolerant of Jimmy Shocked
lol! Maybe she's trying to get Jimmy onto her "team" so they can gather up and go against Ginger Tom!? ROFL!
Could well be, Jimmy doesn't like GT one bit........they'd be a bit like Tom and Jerry ganging up against that dog Laughing

Catfight is never good... but atleast it was today and not yesterday, with poor GT feeling so bad (but then again it could be the black one wouldn't have bothered with a fight then).
It wouldn't have happened yesterday as GT just didn't want to know about food, and I am banking on him to see this black tom off when I'm not there. He'll back down first with any of mine, even with the uber downtrodden William, but with Jimmy, Max and Dexter it's the opposite.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:05 pm

And here's Fudge in her new fav sleeping place on the kitchen worktop. Yet another poor quality pic I'm afraid, I couldn't get the flash settings right, but she's nestled up right next to the kettle, and squeezed between boxes of cat food pouches and my cereal boxes................notice that she has food and water with her and a tea towel to sleep on...............God I must be stupid to do that for her Laughing

It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 3 Fudge10

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:09 pm

No not stupid just caring, when I have cats/kittens out in the pen and at this time of year when it's really cold, I put their food and water inside the sleeping area wher the heater is. Laughing well I don't like to think of them having to go out to the main area just to eat something. Now if they want the loo, well tough, they have to move out of the cold as I refuse to put the tray in beside them. Laughing

Fudge is looking all cosy and contented so you're definately doing something right.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:20 pm

Teddy wrote:No not stupid just caring, when I have cats/kittens out in the pen and at this time of year when it's really cold, I put their food and water inside the sleeping area wher the heater is. Laughing well I don't like to think of them having to go out to the main area just to eat something. Now if they want the loo, well tough, they have to move out of the cold as I refuse to put the tray in beside them. Laughing

Fudge is looking all cosy and contented so you're definately doing something right.
And she is warm and cosy there, she was purring like a madcat despite all the *flashing lights* while I tried and failed to get a decent pic Laughing

The bottom line is I don't want her to feel somehow pushed out of things here because of GT, so she can sleep there, or anywhere else she wants to (within reason of course Wink Laughing)

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:23 pm

Bless ya Ian! She most certainly does NOT look pushed out there!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:00 pm

Ian B wrote:
Teddy wrote:No not stupid just caring, when I have cats/kittens out in the pen and at this time of year when it's really cold, I put their food and water inside the sleeping area wher the heater is. Laughing well I don't like to think of them having to go out to the main area just to eat something. Now if they want the loo, well tough, they have to move out of the cold as I refuse to put the tray in beside them. Laughing

And she is warm and cosy there, she was purring like a madcat despite all the *flashing lights* while I tried and failed to get a decent pic Laughing

The bottom line is I don't want her to feel somehow pushed out of things here because of GT, so she can sleep there, or anywhere else she wants to (within reason of course Wink Laughing)

Ian

Aaww aren't you just one in a million, well until you throw ice cold water over the black stray. It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 3 72767 what a bugger.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:21 pm

[quote="Teddy"]
Ian B wrote:[quote="TeddyAaww aren't you just one in a million, well until you throw ice cold water over the black stray. It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 3 72767 what a bugger.

(Scottish) Bizatch from hell Twisted Evil
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:35 pm

[quote="*Prince*"]
Teddy wrote:
Ian B wrote:[quote="TeddyAaww aren't you just one in a million, well until you throw ice cold water over the black stray. It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 3 72767 what a bugger.

(Scottish) Bizatch from hell Twisted Evil

Who moi? Wink It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 3 43453
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:51 am

Awwww... bless! But I think when it comes to the kitties we're all a bit looney... ROFL! That's from the one who was all wrapped up snuggly on the sofa under a duvet, until she heard fireworks outside... two secs later she had Pok snuggled inside the duvet, and was sitting on a space as big as a stamp with no snug duvet... ROFL!

Fudge and the others got their little piece of heaven there with you, Ian (apart from the black spraying tom... lol!).
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:45 am

I'm doing my best to make sure the spraying black tom has a little piece of hell here Wink Laughing

I'm going to have to get another tray for Fudge if she keeps sleeping in the kitchen as I doubt she'll use the one in the living room now GT has taken it over. She went thro' a spell of using the kitchen as a toilet area a few years ago, not pleasant first thing in the morning as her digestive system can be very temperamental at times It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 3 878172

Here's a much better pic of Fudge in her new *bedroom*...... btw, the kettle isn't really as scruffy as it looks Embarassed Laughing

It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 3 Fudge_10

Ian

Last edited by Ian B on Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:33 pm

LOL! Smart girl that Fudge, snuggling in next to the food! She looks like she's just woke up in that piccy, what a beautiful girl she is.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:06 pm

maddymoo wrote:LOL! Smart girl that Fudge, snuggling in next to the food! She looks like she's just woke up in that piccy, what a beautiful girl she is.
Yeah, she had just woke up. I don't know why, but she hasn't stopped purring since she *moved* there, I guess it must be her hot water bottle (the kettle) that clinches it for her Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:09 pm

Bless her, she must see it as a haven, it's warm, all her food etc is around her and she can see who is coming towards her, well mainly the other furballs in the family. LOL She's safe.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:17 pm

Teddy wrote:Bless her, she must see it as a haven, it's warm, all her food etc is around her and she can see who is coming towards her, well mainly the other furballs in the family. LOL She's safe.

Sounds alright! Maybe we should all move into Ians kitchen! LOL! We know his fridge is always full of goodies and he makes a good corned beef hash.... hmmmm... move over Fudge!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:17 pm

maddymoo wrote:Sounds alright! Maybe we should all move into Ians kitchen! LOL! We know his fridge is always full of goodies and he makes a good corned beef hash.... hmmmm... move over Fudge!
Better start extending that counter Ian... make room - we're on our way! lol!

Fudge looks so cosy... she's got one of those content face on, where everything is alright in her world. She's beautiful!!!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:17 pm

Room for one more in that kitchen Ian? Im coming too.
She looks adorably cheesy and sleepy in that pic.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:00 am

Laughing

Before you all start dashing down here, I'd better warn you I've seen shoeboxes with more room than my kitchen. Two people in there at the same time are literally tripping over each other.

I'm starting to wish GT hadn't learned to use the tray as he can pee for England Shocked I had to change the litter twice yesterday in the tray downstairs as it was absolutely sodden (and trod all over the carpet Evil or Very Mad) and it was as wet again this morning Shocked so bad in fact he came upstairs to use the tray in my bedroom.

'EDIT'

Hmmm, I might have been a bit hasty blaming GT for the sodden tray this morning, I forgot I'd locked the flap last night due to those bloody fireworks, so I had a houseful of cats *locked in* overnight and perhaps they used the tray as well.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:36 pm

Ian B wrote:Hmmm, I might have been a bit hasty blaming GT for the sodden tray this morning, I forgot I'd locked the flap last night due to those bloody fireworks, so I had a houseful of cats *locked in* overnight and perhaps they used the tray as well.
We had the blasted fireworks too... GT got off the hook this time!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:40 pm

Oh dear a houseful of cats locked in! I bet you didn't get much sleep! LOL! Speaking of cats being irritating during the night... Boo started doing her thaing, so I put my theory to the test and got up straight away, gave her some food and went back to bed, after she's ate she followed me up and curled up next to me and went to sleep! It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 3 579159 The only downside is that Mads heard the food so I had to give her a little which is no good for her diet!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:53 pm

maddymoo wrote:Oh dear a houseful of cats locked in! I bet you didn't get much sleep! LOL! Speaking of cats being irritating during the night... Boo started doing her thaing, so I put my theory to the test and got up straight away, gave her some food and went back to bed, after she's ate she followed me up and curled up next to me and went to sleep! It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 3 579159 The only downside is that Mads heard the food so I had to give her a little which is no good for her diet!
I slept like a log...............but I'd had a few pints which helped, so they could have been up to anything and I wouldn't have known about it Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:23 pm

And GT is missing again, I haven't seen him since midnight yesterday, tho' no doubt he'll come strolling in demanding food like the last time. I'd love to know where he goes (gets trapped?) as he seemed to have really settled down here confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:42 pm

Aww, come back GT! Your Dad'll be getting worried!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next