For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's very, very cold this morning.....

+3
*Prince*
littlekitty
Ian B
7 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 4 Empty Re: It's very, very cold this morning.....

Post by Ian B Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:14 pm

He's back Very Happy

I've just nipped downstairs to check and found him on the sofa. *Our* chair is out of bounds atm as I washed/cleaned it earlier and it's still a bit damp, and I threw a old blanket over it just in case he came in and wanted to sleep there. I guess it must both look and smell very different to him.

Right now he's in the kitchen tucking into some wafer thin ham.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 4 Empty Re: It's very, very cold this morning.....

Post by maddymoo Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:42 pm

Yeay! Good old GT! He must have sensed the wafer thin ham coming out! Aye, he's home. Very Happy
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:25 am

He's gone again.

I'm hoping all this is because the weather, while it's been a bit chilly at night lately, it's at least dry, so he can prowl without getting soaked and come back here when he's hungry/tired.

I'm guessing he didn't stay long after I'd gone to bed as the litter tray in the living room had barely been used.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:03 am

He's been *missing* for over 36 hours again now, and as the weather has been so wet, surely he must have a real home and goes back there? With his appetite he must be getting food somewhere.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:42 am

He is such an unpredictable cat, although it's getting predictable that he'll disappear for a spell.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:55 am

I hope he doesn't turn up hungry when I'm out for a few hours later. I'll leave food down in my bedroom before I go, but the chances are it won't last.

I don't get these sudden disappearances, he *used* to spend around 20 hours a day inside, then right out of the blue I don't see him at all.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:46 pm

But I wouldn't wonder that sooner or later he'll be back to spending all that time with you again, and we'll never know why he disappeared for hours at a time.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:27 pm

Very strange... but with the fact that he wasn't lookign too good before he started turning up at your place, it seems a bit odd if he has another home... he might just be out hunting or looking for the ladies. All the male cats (and one of the females) we had were never neutered (apart from Thomas, but he wasn't done either until he was about 4 years old), and they could all dissappear for 3-4 days at a time, for then to stay put for a few days or weeks before doing the same thing again.

Here's hoping he'll be waiting for you when you come home again today!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:44 am

He was waiting for me when I got home around 4.30 yesterday afternoon, but this time he didn't ask for food so he'd been fed wherever he was. The last time he'd been missing for this amount of time he ate one and a half tins of food straight off.

I left him downstairs with William when I went to bed, and when I got up just now they'd swapped chairs and somehow one of them had stood on my tv remote control and turned it back on and it had been on all night. Good job it wasn't on loud for my neighbours sake Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:23 am

Sounds like he does know where to go to get food, as for the TV, maybe they couldn't sleep so decide to watch some telly. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:36 pm

lol! 2 channelsurfing boys! Glad to hear GT has shown up again!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:00 pm

pokbg wrote:lol! 2 channelsurfing boys!
Laughing
Glad to hear GT has shown up again!
Unfortunately, a few minutes ago so did everything he's eaten today, right behind a chair and under a coffee table, two very hard to get at places It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 4 878172 It's looking like his *new* regular diet and all the treats he gets are just too rich for him.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:03 pm

Oh no! Why do they never go outside to be sick? LOL! Aww bless him, but I bet he wants some replcaement food shortly! Wink
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:06 pm

maddymoo wrote:Oh no! Why do they never go outside to be sick? LOL! Aww bless him, but I bet he wants some replcaement food shortly! Wink
That's what really annoyed me this time, seconds after he'd finished being sick he was halfway thro' the flap It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 4 975384 and yeah, he was asking for some roast pork I'd just got out of the oven soon after coming back in.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:21 pm

Ah... he knew you were having roast and made some room for it! lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:38 pm

pokbg wrote:Ah... he knew you were having roast and made some room for it! lol!
Well, the amount he brought back this time meant there was room enough for all of the pork Shocked

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:04 pm

Ian B wrote:
pokbg wrote:Ah... he knew you were having roast and made some room for it! lol!
Well, the amount he brought back this time meant there was room enough for all of the pork Shocked

Ian

That is funny cos when we took Fin to the vet on Thursday night and he gave her that injection to make her sick, I swear twice as much came out that went in. It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 4 72767
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:36 pm

I've just found GT asleep under my bed, and as I don't recall looking for him there when he was *missing*, maybe he was there all the time? Laughing

'EDIT'

I bought a cheap catnip mouse on Saturday, they all loved it but GT went crazy and did his best to eat it, I had to take it off him in nthe end. I've just found the *remains* on the landing, so it looks like he almost managed it Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:21 pm

Hee Hee, thats so funny, GT trying to eat a toy mouse - greedy guzzle guts!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:23 pm

Laughing That would be so funny if that's where he's been, remember you said the last time, it had been raining and Gt turned up but he was dry, so funny.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:13 pm

Ian B wrote:I bought a cheap catnip mouse on Saturday, they all loved it but GT went crazy and did his best to eat it, I had to take it off him in nthe end. I've just found the *remains* on the landing, so it looks like he almost managed it Laughing
ROFL! Bet he had a ball!

Crikey... imagine if he's been hiding under your bed... ROFL!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:24 pm

*Prince* wrote:Hee Hee, thats so funny, GT trying to eat a toy mouse - greedy guzzle guts!
I've just thrown a unopened packet of chewing gum onto my bed, it'd barely landed before he pounced thinking it was food. Anything, and I mean anything in my hands is food of some kind in his eyes Laughing

Teddy wrote:That would be so funny if that's where he's been, remember you said the last time, it had been raining and Gt turned up but he was dry, so funny.

pokbg wrote:Crikey... imagine if he's been hiding under your bed... ROFL!
It wouldn't surprise me one bit, he's only just got up and left my bedroom now after being there all day.

POKBG wrote:ROFL! Bet he had a ball!
The others just did the usual cat-rolling-about-on-the-floor with it, but not GT, he couldn't get it into his mouth fast enough and I took a risk with my hands taking it off him, he really didn't want to let go Shocked

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:13 pm

Oh its just so lovely that he's becoming such a playful kitty! Yeay, one happy kitty!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:24 pm

maddymoo wrote:Oh its just so lovely that he's becoming such a playful kitty! Yeay, one happy kitty!
Yeah, he's settling down nicely now, it's taken some time tho', he's been here more or less since Beckett was PTS and that's seven months ago. I love the way he watches Bola do things then copies him, tho' Bola isn't too impressed by the imitation, even if it is flattery Laughing

GT would love to be #1 cat here, but Bola keeps him in his place even tho' he's much smaller.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:14 pm

GT would love to be #1 cat here, but Bola keeps him in his place even tho' he's much smaller.

And Bola is younger, so he'll want to put *granda* in his place and keep him there.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next