For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's very, very cold this morning.....

+3
*Prince*
littlekitty
Ian B
7 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 2 Empty Re: It's very, very cold this morning.....

Post by Ian B Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:57 pm

Bloody hell, he woke when he heard me going downstairs, got into the kitchen before me and asked for yet more food Shocked and is now tucking into another half tin of wet, the poor sod must have been starving wherever he's been.

'EDIT'

The third bowl lasted less than 30 seconds Shocked Shocked Shocked

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 2 Empty Re: It's very, very cold this morning.....

Post by maddymoo Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:08 pm

Just read this thread! What a worry! I'm so glad he's 'home' safe and sound, what a hungry wee thing, I wonder where he's been and what he's been up to?
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:35 pm

Ian B wrote:Bloody hell, he woke when he heard me going downstairs, got into the kitchen before me and asked for yet more food Shocked and is now tucking into another half tin of wet, the poor sod must have been starving wherever he's been.

'EDIT'

Ian

Now all you have to careful of, is the dreaded, *upset tum*, he'll have eaten so much he'll either be sick or have the runs. It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 2 43453
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:35 pm

maddymoo wrote:Just read this thread! What a worry! I'm so glad he's 'home' safe and sound, what a hungry wee thing, I wonder where he's been and what he's been up to?
God knows where he's been/up to Helen, but wherever it was he's obviously had little or no food for well over 36 hours. He must have had access to water tho' as he hasn't had a drink since he came back and he's by far the thirstiest of my lot.

He can only have been trapped somewhere like in a garage or shed.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:37 pm

Teddy wrote:
Ian B wrote:Bloody hell, he woke when he heard me going downstairs, got into the kitchen before me and asked for yet more food Shocked and is now tucking into another half tin of wet, the poor sod must have been starving wherever he's been.

'EDIT'

Ian

Now all you have to careful of, is the dreaded, *upset tum*, he'll have eaten so much he'll either be sick or have the runs. It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 2 43453
Well, I'm *used* to him being sick It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 2 878172

He's sat at my feet now just waiting for me to go downstairs, but I daren't go near the fridge Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:11 am

*dances* Oh so happy to hear the little fellow has come back!!! What a worry... especially since he's not 100% already... and thinking of him in the cold, possibly wet too... horrible... but now he's back!!! And he's fulla and warm and snug! *dances some more*

And so nice to have Bolas mum pop up too.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:43 am

I left him asleep on my bed while I went downstairs to watch some tv. I was sat on my recliner, Fudge was perched on the footstool part (not much room for me Evil or Very Mad) when I looked up GT was sat there watching the both of us.

He disappeared and I thought he'd gone back upstairs when out of the blue, from behind my chair he jumped onto a coffee table next to it...................................and then onto my lap Shocked Shocked Shocked He just sat there for a few minutes then decided it was safe to lie down, where he stayed for over two hours enjoying a nap interpersed with lots of chin and belly rubs. He was purring like a mad cat Very Happy and really complained when I finally got up to make a drink.

I don't know if he was just happy to be *back* of if he's really settling down here now, either way, seeing him on my lap is something I never expected to happen.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:48 am

Oh my goodness!!! Proper cuddle! Oh bet you're well chuffed, Ian... I am - and I wasn't the one getting the cuddle - lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:59 am

Hi pokbg,

Yeah, I was made up to see him do that Very Happy

I think that, like his copying Bolas habits, he saw Fudge sat there last night and thought, "why not, I live here now as well"? Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:42 am

Oh thats fab Ian. I bet he was in heaven (and you!)
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:41 am

He doesn't want to know me again this morning, I guess he's embarrassed about letting his *tough guy, I don't need anybody* image slip a bit last night Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:46 am

Oh bless him, just goes to show that every cat no matter how distant or grumpy or whatever , every now and again, they need reassurance.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:04 pm

Hmmmmm, he's doing a lot of *lip smacking* this morning, a bit too close for comfort to how Beckett was after he drank antifreeze. If GT was trapped in a garage while he was missing, especially at this time of year, he could easily have done the same. I'll be keeping a very close eye on him but there's no way on earth I could afford another £800 at the vets if he has.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:15 pm

Oh God, no... fingers toes and everything else that that is not the case...

Come on Ginger - show Ian and the rest of us that you're ok!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:50 pm

Oh god what a thought, poor soul, we'll have to wait and see how he does during the day, and no Ian, you can't spend that amount of money again. Oh this wee soul doesn't half get us worried.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:18 pm

He seems to have stopped the lip smacking, but other than going into the kitchen for one (he usually demands two or more) pouches of food, he hasn't moved from a chair in the living room. I left him with cat milk and a bit of wafer thin ham while I nipped out shopping, the cat milk has gone but he hasn't touched the ham Shocked and he doesn't look well.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:26 pm

Oh sheesh, I truly hope not Ian. Poor Ginger Boy. No
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:58 pm

So hoping it's just that he's feeling a bit under the weather, with him having been gone and all... and nothing more serious... *everythign still crossed for the handsome boy*
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:26 pm

I don't know what to make of this at all confused

He's fine right *now* and has just eaten some roast ham I'd forgotten I'd bought (expensive thing to forget about buying, but there you go Embarassed) and had some more cat milk, but that was only getting off a chair once since I last posted, just after lunchtime.............and that was to be sick.

I wasn't that bothered, even in the living room as he makes more noise than actually bringing stuff back, but not this time Shocked and the smell was vile It's very, very cold this morning..... - Page 2 878172 He soon climbed back onto the chair and went back to sleep.

The lip smacking hasn't completely stopped, but isn't as bad as earlier. I hope I'm just thinking the worst here and that's purely because Beckett did much the same thing.

I don't know whether Fudge can *sense* something is wrong, but she refuses to be in the same room as GT today, yet happily slept not two feet away from him when he was on my lap last night.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:34 pm

Poor little Ginger Tom... I do hope it's just a tummy upset, and nothing more... I know he will often be sick normally too, so that might not mean anything... it might even be a good sign, that he's getting rid of whatever is bugging him... which is hopefully no more then a tummy bug.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:54 pm

Poor fella! Lets hope he's just made himself ill with the amount he wolfed down after going awol. Keep us posted.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:42 am

Hope Ginger Tom is feeling better now... and lets hope he's back to normal by tomorrow!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:06 am

Normal service has been resumed, he heard me coming downstairs when I got up and was in the kitchen waiting for me, not asking for food but *demanding it*. As Dexter stayed the night and I don't like leaving him out when I feed my lot, I gave him some cat milk (he refuses wet here) but it didn't take GT long to bully him away from it Evil or Very Mad

There was another surprise from GT last night, he used the kitter tray in the living room twice Shocked In all the time he's been here he's never shown any interest in using either tray, always going outside, and as there's only Fudge who regularly uses the living room tray and I know he's seen her, I can only assume he's copying her.

Speaking of poor Fudge, she's really put out by his sleeping in the living room, she refuses to be in the same room as him and last night slept on the kitchen worktop. I don't get this development, prior to GT going missing she never batted an eyelid at his presence, but now????? confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:17 pm

Oh god, the never ending confusion that is cats. Fudge is miffed, he has taken over her patch, and it does sound as though he is becoming domesticated more and more. Yes I see another adoption taking place. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:22 pm

So happy to hear Ginger Tom is back to his usual self!!! *dances* That fabulous news.

Hmmmm... could be that Fudge wasn't too bothered when he was just a "visitor", but as Kath says, now that he's more domesticated, she might feel that he's getting to close.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next