For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cat Food on Zooplus

4 posters

Go down

Cat Food on Zooplus Empty Cat Food on Zooplus

Post by Laura Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:39 pm

Does anyone order from Zooplus? (Ian, I'm sure you do). In which case can anyone make recommendations of their wet cat food? There are so many brands I've never heard of it's a minefield. I'm trying to stick to a budget this month and figure ordering online in bulk might be a good way of making savings.
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Cat Food on Zooplus Empty Re: Cat Food on Zooplus

Post by Ian B Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi Laura,

Yeah, I use them regularly to buy in bulk, but have learned from experience to vary my order, ie different brands in the same order rather than all one brand. They deliver pretty quick, tho' be prepared to wonder why your package has been opened when it arrives, it's the UK customs inspecting the contents and they can be a bit slapdash at resealing.

I've only ever had one order go missing, which I reported and reordered after they got back to me saying the first had been badly damaged in transit, only for my original order to turn up a few days later with only the packaging slighly damaged confused Evil or Very Mad

The worst part of buying from Zooplus is that even tho' you order in English, the tins/pouches are always in the language of the country they were produced in, and unless you speak that language, you haven't a clue what each tin/pouch contains.

Bozita goes down well here, and is apparently recommended by a lot of breeders, as does the cheaper Catessy, but the most popular so far has been Miamor Ragout pouches. I'd suggest getting the trial pack of the latter first http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/canned_cat_food_pouches/miamor/miamor_pouches/37433 it's pretty good value for excellent quality food. The Miamor pouches I've bought since haven't proven as popular tbh, but they look a totally different food to me.

All in all I'd recommend Zooplus, I particularly like the free shipping if you spend over £29 (tho' it's not actually free IIRC, it costs £1 if you opt for DHL courier) If you're not sure on which food to order because you are unfamiliar with the names, like I said earlier, vary the order to include a few brands, that's how I order from them. You should be ok as they simply don't sell rubbish, cats may not like the taste of 'X' brand food, but it's not because it's poor quality.

Oh, and I'm definitely going to give the Zooplus Sausages a try when I next order http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/canned_cat_food_pouches/sausages Hopefully the good deal on the fish/poultry ones will still be on.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:16 pm

Thanks for that, Ian.

I've decided to try a selection like you've recommended. Quite a few of the popular brands (as recommended by customers) on there seem to offer a large amount in one flavour. I don't want to buy 24 tins of chicken, for example, to discover it won't get touched.

So far in my basket I have Miamor, Almo Nature and Yarrah. I'm using the £29 free delivery deal so will choose another, possibly Bozita. Which Bozita type would you recommend?

Ta for your help Very Happy
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:57 pm

'Yarrah' LOL! Oh I don't know why, but that name tickled me!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:21 pm

Laura wrote:Thanks for that, Ian.

I've decided to try a selection like you've recommended. Quite a few of the popular brands (as recommended by customers) on there seem to offer a large amount in one flavour. I don't want to buy 24 tins of chicken, for example, to discover it won't get touched.

So far in my basket I have Miamor, Almo Nature and Yarrah. I'm using the £29 free delivery deal so will choose another, possibly Bozita. Which Bozita type would you recommend?

Ta for your help Very Happy
Hi Laura,

Well, I certainly won't be ordering the cartons in beef/liver again as I ended up throwing most of the last lot away, same went for the Reindeer pate terta packs. I buy the 6x410g tin packs and the chicken variety is bar far the most popular here, and yes, I did take a chance on buying 24 tins of it, tho' I had bought a pack of 6 before so I knew my lot had enjoyed it the last time.

Have you checked out this place? http://www.pet-supermarket.co.uk/erol.html#1163X0 They don't carry the variety of Zooplus, but perhaps they have brands you are more familiar with. I haven't used them myself, but I've read good reports of their service and the prices seem pretty keen.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:34 pm

ROFL! 'Reindeer Pate' LOL, as nature intended? LOL! Oh brill!

Aye, pet supermarket is ok, I've got James well beloved from there before when they had a bogof offer. I must admit, I'm tempted to give zooplus a go, but have plenty of food in atm.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:59 pm

maddymoo wrote:ROFL! 'Reindeer Pate' LOL, as nature intended? LOL! Oh brill!

Yep, I can just see my big boy sneaking up on a herd and wrestling the weakest one to the ground Cat Food on Zooplus 43453

I'll have to have a look o these sites and see if I can get the kitts' food cheaper than Pets At Home Very Happy Litter too Cat Food on Zooplus 579159
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down