For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We've just been to the vets.

5 posters

Go down

We've just been to the vets. Empty We've just been to the vets.

Post by Teddy Thu May 01, 2008 9:08 pm

WE were able to go tonight as we didn't let Sophie out when we got home and we took teddy with us as we felt his claws were so sharp. So Sophie got her vacs and didn't bat an eye, but can she miaow for Scotland, all the way down all the way back, she didn't let up once, at the vets???? not a peep. LOL
Teddy doesn't utter a cheep, he didn't need his claws cuts, so I will now just keep my legs encased in metal, god are they sharp. He sits in the carrier quite the thing, paws tucked in as mucg to say * oh this is a nice run we're having*. We have been trying to de-mat him, he gets groomed evry second night and yet he still manages to get matts all over. What a job. He's not a happy boy when we start on him, poor thing. But if we leave them, they'll just get worse.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

We've just been to the vets. Empty Re: We've just been to the vets.

Post by Ian B Thu May 01, 2008 9:21 pm

Hi Kath,

I'm glad you've mentioned claw length, I've been meaning to ask about Bolas claws.

How long is too long? His seem fearsomely long (and sharp) to me, even tho' he's got plenty of places to scratch outside. When he's playfighting with me, or worse, climbs up my leg unexpectedly, they don't half hurt Shocked

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu May 01, 2008 9:39 pm

Well, the vet said you can see the quick so they weren't too long, so I suppose if you can still see the quick it's ok. We came home and Steve started to groom Teddy but he tugged his fur and Ted swiped him, so now Steve has a two inch long scratch, try telling the vet they don't need clipped. He also said, the only time you should really worry is when they're old and don't go out so much and then the claws start turning in on themselves.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri May 02, 2008 9:12 am

Aaaawww my little princess isn't well, now I know it's the effects of her vacs but to see her all sleepy and quiet is such a shame. She slept at the bottom of the bed all night and usually she would be under the duvet at some point and when 4.45 came and went and she hadn't made a murmer, I knew she was poorly. So this morning we kept Moto and Teddy out of our bedroom so she wouldn't have to contend with those two horrors, but I had Teddy squealing and scraping at the bedroom door and Moto miaowing outside the bedroom window. What a racket. So when we were ready to leave I took Sophie through to her favourite chair in my artroom where she promptly jumped down and did the loo ( lovely smell, not) in the tray, THEN went outside. Nice one! So when we left, Moto was chasing her and she was not impressed. Hopefully by tea-time when we get home, she'll have perked up.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri May 02, 2008 10:08 am

Hi Kath,

She'll be fine when you get back, no doubt taking revenge on Moto and Teddy for tormenting her when she felt poorly.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri May 02, 2008 11:07 am

It never fails to amaze me just how poorly they get, I always forget, and then one of them gets their vacs and WHAM, one poorly cat. It is usually just 24 hours though, so that's not too bad.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri May 02, 2008 5:47 pm

Ian B wrote:Hi Kath,

I'm glad you've mentioned claw length, I've been meaning to ask about Bolas claws.

How long is too long?
... or worse, climbs up my leg unexpectedly, they don't half hurt Shocked

Ian

LOL! Oh I don't think it really matters how long they are.. that is always gunna hurt! *laughs wickedly*

Awwwwwwwwwww, poor Sophie! Get well soon princess. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri May 02, 2008 7:15 pm

maddymoo wrote:
Ian B wrote:Hi Kath,

How long is too long?
... or worse, climbs up my leg unexpectedly, they don't half hurt Shocked

Ian

LOL! Oh I don't think it really matters how long they are.. that is always gunna hurt! *laughs wickedly*

Awwwwwwwwwww, poor Sophie! Get well soon princess. x
He managed to rip my little finger open earlier when I was play fighting with him...............they might not be too long, bút they are certainly too sharp Laughing (don't know why I'm laughing, it bloody well hurt)

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri May 02, 2008 8:33 pm

LOL, oh Ian that's what Teddy did to my index finger 2 weeks ago and I take ages to heal( it's a diabetic thing apparently Rolling Eyes ), and it was bloody sore too, so I sympathise.
Sophie isn't any better and if she hasn't improved my tomorrow we will take her to the vet. She really is so quiet and lethargic, I keep cuddling her and she doesn't even want that, so I know she's poorly. She loves cuddles. Poor little princess.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Fri May 02, 2008 11:20 pm

Oh Kath, I am sorry to hear Sophie isnt too well. I hope that by now, if not tomorrow morning, she is starting to pick up hun!
Atleast you know, that she has reacted in this way before eh.
We have just got Prince's card through today from the vet, reminding us that it is "vac" time! Rolling Eyes
Just let us know how she is doing eh.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri May 02, 2008 11:22 pm

Since I put her on her favourite chair in my artroom, she hasn't moved, just away to take her through to our bedroom now, poor wee thing.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Mon May 12, 2008 7:03 pm

I'm sure little Sophie is feeling better now. What a shame she reacts to her vaccinations... Luckily both mine are fine afterwards, but BG can get a little "depressed" afterwards for a few hours. Sending lots of snuggles to her.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon May 12, 2008 9:04 pm

She's back to normal now Pokbg, thanks, it's just such a shame seeing her like that.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down