For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The cattery is open (update)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The cattery is open (update) Empty The cattery is open (update)

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:34 pm

My neighbours youngest has just come round to ask if I'd mind feeding Jimmy, Max and Dexter while they're on holiday for a fortnight from this coming Monday. As it's no problem for me he said they'd leave their bowls outside but leave the food with me, I asked if everyone was going and he said yes, so I told him just to bring everything round here as all three cats will be spending most of their time here anyway.

So from Monday I'm going to be a 5 cat household, which will be fun Laughing Shocked The cattery is open (update) 579159

Ian

Last edited by Ian B on Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

The cattery is open (update) Empty Re: The cattery is open (update)

Post by *Prince* Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:45 pm

Its "official" now then Ian - nothing new, but official! Laughing
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:57 pm

*Prince* wrote:Its "official" now then Ian - nothing new, but official! Laughing
Well, semi official Laughing

It's shouldn't be a biggie as they're all used to coming here, but they have never been *locked out* of their home 24/7 before. My one big dread is something happening to one of them that needs the vets attention, but I'll cross that bridge as and when.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:12 pm

I suppose you have to think ahead, but as they all know you and are so used to being in your house, they probably will settle down very quickly once they realise that their own home isn't open, they will jst make themselves comfortable with you, I would be more worried about then NOT returning home, after the two weeks are over. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:36 pm

Hi Kath,

Yeah, there's always the chance they'll end up prefering it here, so flap will have to be locked more than usual, especially during the day. That isn't really fair on Fudge and Bola but as long as the weather stays reasonably dry things should be ok as I'm here 90% of the time to let them in/out.

They'll be going back, even if I have to put them in boxes and post them Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:39 pm

They'll be going back, even if I have to put them in boxes and post them

The cattery is open (update) 72767 The cattery is open (update) 72767 The cattery is open (update) 72767 well said.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:50 pm

Hahaha, oh excellent! Well, they couldn't have a better cat sitter, you'll have to start charging next, although I suppose the only difference is they'll be giving you food for them this time instead of the kits simply eating yours! Lol
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:23 am

Things haven't got off to a good start......................and they haven't even gone yet Rolling Eyes

All 3 cats decided to have a practice run last night.

Jimmy came in at 10pm, ran round the living room at 1000mph, then sprayed against the gas fire Twisted Evil but I saw him so knew exactly where to clean, tho' he wasn't best pleased at having a cushion thrown at him................he was lucky I didn't have something harder and heavier to hand tho'.

I was awake at the time, Max decided he'd like to tunnel to Australia at 5.45am today, starting from the landing carpet Twisted Evil I wonder if my neighbours heard me cursing him? Laughing

The hall stank of cat pee when I got downstairs Twisted Evil I *think* I've found the spot but there's a bloody tray not more than 18 inches away.................untouched.

Only Max behaved himself, at least I didn't see him doing anything wrong, but no doubt he found something to do that woud have annoyed me if I'd known about it.

I've got 14 days of this to look forward to, oh joy of joys Laughing and Twisted Evil in equal measures methinks.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:28 am

maddymoo wrote:Hahaha, oh excellent! Well, they couldn't have a better cat sitter, you'll have to start charging next, although I suppose the only difference is they'll be giving you food for them this time instead of the kits simply eating yours! Lol
Giving me food for them and they eating it are two very different things tho' Wink All three eat here as often as they can now, so I can see myself handing some food back when they return.

Ian

Last edited by Ian B on Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:04 am; edited 3 times in total
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:45 pm

Ian B wrote:Things haven't got off to a good start......................and they haven't even gone yet Rolling Eyes

All 3 cats decided to have a practice run last night.

Jimmy came in at 10pm, ran round the living room at 1000mph, then sprayed against the gas fire Twisted Evil but I saw him so knew exactly where to clean, tho' he wasn't best pleased at having a cushion thrown at him................he was lucky I didn't have something harder and heavier to hand tho'.

I was awake at the time, Max decided he'd like to tunnel to Australia at 5.45am today, starting from the landing carpet Twisted Evil I wonder if my neighbours heard me cursing him? Laughing

The hall stank of cat pee when I got downstairs Twisted Evil I *think* I've found the spot but there's a bloody tray not more than 18 inches away.................untouched.

Only Max behaved himself, at least I didn't see him doing anything wrong, but no doubt he found something to do that woud have annoyed me if I'd known about it.

I've got 14 days of this to look forward to, oh joy of joys Laughing and Twisted Evil in equal measures methinks.

Ian

The cattery is open (update) 72767 The cattery is open (update) 72767 The cattery is open (update) 72767 The cattery is open (update) 72767 The cattery is open (update) 72767 The cattery is open (update) 72767 Sooner you than me! You'll have to keep a cat diary when they come to stay... something tells me its not going to be uneventful! Lol!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:12 pm

Oh Ian, The cattery is open (update) 72767 The cattery is open (update) 72767 sorry friends like us and all that, but that was so funny to read, you're a saint, or a nutter!!!!!
Oh well apart from your house stinking of pee, cats everywhere, fighting between them, turning their snotty little fussy noses up at the food given to them, taking over your bed, ramsacking the catflap, you are going to have soooooo much fun these next two weeks, Start writing that diary, we need to know. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:37 am

All three came in at various times last night, tho' only Jimmy slept here. He came into my room and wanted to sleep on my bed, not a good idea as Fudge was asleep on the windowsill, but he soon scarpered when he caught a glimpse of her thro' a gap in the curtains Laughing

I've decided to shut every door, barring the spare bedroom and my bedroom, at night while they're away next door. It won't stop them spraying, but it'll limit the places they can to those two rooms and the kitchen and hall. The flap will probably be locked during the day, just to reinforce that this isn't their *new* home and so they can't come in at will. I'll be here to let them in, along with Fudge and Bola for feeding or should they want a nap.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:58 pm

Oh it's a right dilemma when there is more than one cat. I would be inclined to restrict them to the kitchen only, then if they spray it's so much easier to clean up, but then that means your lot are restricted too, glad am not you . Laughing
What a pain though that the cats that spray aren't even yours, bad enough if it was but for someone elses cats to be the culprits, aaaaahhhhh.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:49 am

There's been no more spraying Very Happy but I fancy there might well be next week when they *realise* they can't get into their real home. Hopefully I'm wrong, it's not as tho' they're going to be dumped here, all three are well used to coming and going, so with a bit (lot) of luck they'll just accept the change.

I'll have to make sure the flap is kept locked for a while when my neighbours get back.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:54 am

They will hardly notice the difference, they know you so well they'll feel they are on holiday too. Laughing

I'll have to make sure the flap is kept locked for a while when my neighbours get back.

Oh definately, they may just decide they prefer yours so decide to stay. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:24 am

Hmmm, looks like there's been a misunderstanding about when my neighbours are going as they're still here, I thought they were leaving it late in bringing the food and bowls round to me, it must be this coming Monday they go Embarassed Not that it's bothered the cats, they've been here more than ever even tho' they can get in next door, in fact all three are fast asleep here atm.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:30 am

ROFL oh instead of 2 weeks it's now 3, but lets face it, it's just home from home to them. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:33 am

Yep, they're all *two home tom cats* Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:42 am

Laughing you said it, they must think life is wonderful.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:13 pm

Lol! Happy cats!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:50 am

I've been sacked Shocked Laughing

I got up today to find a note had been pushed thro' the door saying "Sorry to mess you about, but Aaron (the middle son) is coming up to carry on the building work in the garden so he'll be able to feed the cats"

Not that it'll make much difference, all three cats will probably be spending 90% of their time here (no doubt having 90% of their food here as well) if the son doesn't live in for the fortnight.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:54 am

I've been sacked
: rofl: oh that's funny.
Well as you say 90% of the time they will be with you anyway, BUT you now know you're feeding them with nothing in return. Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:00 pm

I'll be making sure they won't be getting any more food than usual here Kath Wink

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:24 pm

Ian B wrote:I've been sacked Shocked Laughing

ROFL! The cattery is open (update) 72767

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:29 am

So far so good (tho' it's only been a day)

Dexter came in around midnight, had a quick snooze then went out again and I didn't see any of them till gone 7am today. Only Jimmy wanted breakfast so I assume they all went home and stayed there last night and just called here this morning out of habit.

Lets see how long this lasts tho' Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next