For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fudge, more progress

+5
nicola
Jojolabanane
Teddy
*Prince*
Ian B
9 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Fudge, more progress - Page 2 Empty Re: Fudge, more progress

Post by Ian B Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:18 pm

She didn't stay in long after chasing Jimmy this morning and has been sat under my fir tree pretty much since then, not so bad before lunch as it was just overcast but it's been raining steadily since. I've seen her peeping thro' the flap twice but she legged it back to the fir tree both times when I opened the door and she's even eaten outside.

I don't know what to make of this as she seems fine but something is obviously bothering her confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:22 pm

And Jimmy isn't there? weird, but you'll just have to hope she decides it's warmer and drier in the house. confused
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:47 pm

I'll bring her in myself before long and put her on my bedroom windowsill as that was her last fav sleeping spot at night. Hopefully she'll relax and sleep if I'm nearby.

'EDIT'

She's now on my windowsill tucking into a plate of food.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:03 pm

oh bless her.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:14 pm

Staying on my windowsill didn't last long, tho' she's now on the one on the landing. I've taken the cardboard box off the dining table and put it in the hall, hopefully she'll investigate it when going past as she loves having a box to sleep in.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:55 am

It looks like she stayed in all night on the landing windowsill, I had a early night due to a viciously upset stomach Fudge, more progress - Page 2 975384 she was there then and stll there today, and even said hello as I was walking past Very Happy

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:50 am

Hope this is a good sign - not your upset stomach, but that Fudge said hello and stayed in the warm and dry all night. Still no sign of Jimmy? Not spoiling for a fight can just be a sign of old age though - I know our Joseph just let things be for his last few years. Fudge doesn't look like an old cat though, whereas our Joseph was a raggedy old thing, skin and bone and fur in poor condition, and toothless. Seems to me that there will be a few years in the old girl yet, despite her slowing down energy wise.
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:02 am

Hi Joanne,

She's fine and sat on my bedroom windowsill, chirruping away to herself atm Very Happy

As for Jimmy, perhaps he's worked out (tho' I doubt it) that if he stays downstairs he's relatively safe if Fudge is upstairs.

I defy anyone seeing her for the first time to guess anywhere near her actual age, she only looks about 4 or 5yo.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:14 am

From pictures you have posted, that is the sort of age I would have given the lovely Fudge. Even being having one canine less is no sign of age - after all Malo has already lost one of his and he is 2 and a half years old.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:27 am

Hope you're feeling better Ian, nothing worse than a ropey belly.
I'm glad fudge decided to stay in last night, but I'll bet someday soon she's out there again, in the rain and wind quite contented getting windswept. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:32 am

She's on next doors shed roof atm Kath, never mind that it's chilly and damp Rolling Eyes

As for my upset tum, it was my own fault for having such a greasy tea. I know from experience that I'm taking a risk of ending up with trapped wind. Not so much painful as impossible to get comfy and the only thing that eases it is lying down with a hot water bottle on my stomach.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:42 am

So she's back to normal for sure ? Laughing

Oh trapped wind is a nightmare, hot waterbottles are good and rubbing your tum can help too, then again, just don't eat greasy food. Fudge, more progress - Page 2 43453 Rolling Eyes
I had a spicy kebab kind of thing from Asda a couple of nights ago when we had a BBQ, didn't think anything of it at the time, but 2am in the morning I awoke with the most horrid heartburn, now knowing I have a hernia I should have stayed well clear but I didn't, so even now I'm feeling miserable with the discomfort. Will we ever learn? NO No
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:41 am

A few years ago I was rushed into hospital in the early hours with a suspected heart attack, all the symptoms were there but it turned out to be nothing more than trapped wind Embarassed Just to add insult to injury, 12 hours later I was discharged with gout in a big toe Laughing

I got no sympathy or even pain killers from the hospital staff, and ended up going home with no sock or shoe on that foot. It was my first experience of gout, tho' I've had it since, and like everyone else I suppose, found having it funny, but I don't anymore. I can't believe there's a worse pain.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:09 pm

Oooh trapped wind and heartburn is horrible!! I suffer from IBS and can get really nasty griping stomach pains. Which hospital were you in Ian? That's bad that they sent you home without something on your bad foot!
How is Fudge today?
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1236
Cat(s): : Isis
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://AliJones.myarbonne.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:57 am

Hi Ali,

Fudge is fine now, she's just licked her bowl clean and that's unusual and she's now prowling the house looking for a new fav spot to sleep on Laughing

The pain was as much in my chest as stomach and I was sweating like a pig, the emergency GP couldn't rule out a heart attack and just to be on the safe side sent me to Stepping Hill at silly o'clock.

I reckon the hospital staff were just miffed at my taking a bed up for no good reason as it turned out, but painkillers would have helped before I got to see my GP for anti-inflamatory meds. I wouldn't wish gout on anyone, well, perhaps one or two people, it's unbelievably painful. I couldn't wear a sock for over a week and even tho' it was winter I had to sleep with my foot out of bed as anything touching that big toe was agony.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:04 am

Ah I'm glad to hear Fudge is back to her normal self now. Fudge, more progress - Page 2 579159
That must have been a horrible experience for you! You just never know with chest pain, it is always better to get it checked out even if it turns out to be severe heartburn. On the plus side, at least they discovered the gout and could treat it. I think it is awful the way some hospital staff treat patients if there appears to be something minor. One of my friends broke a bone just below his knee joint when we were out clubbing (in Sheffield) and he was admitted to Stepping Hill, but wasn't operated on til a few days after. His knee looked like a football it was that swollen.
My FIL (Father in law) had food poisoning once and according to Dave, he was literally climbing the walls in agony and his family were worried it was a heart attack coz the pain was so intense and in his chest as well as stomach. It goes to show that chest pain can have many factors, but always best to be seen by a doctor.
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1236
Cat(s): : Isis
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://AliJones.myarbonne.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am

She slept under my fir tree all night, ok, it wasn't exactly cold but I thought she'd have come in at some point. I did notice yesterday that the only time she took an interest in Jimmy was when he got close, actually chasing him was a no-no.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:01 am

Well she's either mellowing or definately slowing down, seems like she likes being on her own which could explain why she preferred the treee to coming into the house.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:13 am

I reckon slowing down, tho' it's a bit sudden. She's been in for brekkie but dashed straight back out again afterwards.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:52 am

Try and not worry, she sounds as fine as an oldie can be expected to be, infact she sounds even better, she's eating and taking life easy. Fudge, more progress - Page 2 579159
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:05 am

She's now tucking into a bit of cubed beef I saved from yesterdays lunch. She's doing pretty well as it even gave Bola jaw ache when he had his share Laughing

I don't know what she was up to overnight, but I've just had to pull the best part of 2 dozen *seeds* of some kind out of her coat. It's a good job I spotted them now as they'd be a swine to cut out if they got matted in.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Nightmare ! Ticks are doing the rounds up here, so far my two haven't been bothered but I have picked out burrs from Sophies coat, she's shorthaired so no problem, but I can well imagine the chore with Fudges coat.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:33 pm

She's been pretty good for the past 6+ months, completely matt free, which is a major blessing considering how much work was involved in getting rid of them. It might not be so good if she persists on this staying outside all the time tho'.

I'm starting to think it's something in the house itself that's bothering her, she's been in to eat 3 times today but legged it back under the fir tree as soon as she'd finished confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:13 pm

She may still smell Max's spray and doesn't like it, unless you've added any new item, I couldn't think what else it could be.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:04 am

Could be the spray Kath, I've cleaned the spot and given it a extra good dose of vinegar/water, but even tho' it's in the living room and she rarely goes in there, she may still be able to smell it.

I ended up carrying her into the house at 1am, took her upstairs to the landing windowsill where she stayed for a few minutes before coming into my bedroom. She finally settled down in the least comfortable/roomy spot there, on my pc desk scrunched up between the monitor and a music keyboard, and she was still there thiis morning Rolling Eyes Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content