For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fudge, more progress

+5
nicola
Jojolabanane
Teddy
*Prince*
Ian B
9 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Fudge, more progress - Page 4 Empty Re: Fudge, more progress

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:45 am

Teddy wrote:
Beyond the odd rolling about on the road she almost never goes beyond my and next doors garden.

Great ! why do they have to pick the most dangerous of places? Rolling Eyes
With the amount of kids who ride their Fudge, more progress - Page 4 265331 bikes on the pavement here, it's probably safer on the road.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:47 am

Laughing no much wonder she doesn't go far then.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:47 pm

She scarpered outside as soon as I got the hoover out, odd as as long as it doesn't get too close it doesn't usually bother her. I half expected her to wander back in to her box but no, I left her under the fir tree tho' I've just brought her back inside where she's curled up fast asleep in the box atm.

There's no denying she's sleeping a lot more now, either she's just showing her age or there's something not obvious wrong.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:59 pm

Bad Ian for taking the hoover out and disturbing her.
Laughing
I'm hoping it's just her age catching up with her, as we've said before it's so difficult to know if they're in pain or uncomfortable, so really as long as you feel she's comfortable what more can you do?
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:12 pm

Not a lot I can do, and if appetite is anything to go by she's fit and well, she's currently half way thro' her third sachet so far today................and then therell be supper Laughing

'EDIT'

I thought she'd finished and as Bola had appeared, took the plate off her so he could eat the last bits, but she gave me a "Oi, I hadn't done yet, I was just licking my lips" look. He'll have to make do with dry till I go back downstairs Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:32 pm

Glad to hear that sh's feeling better Ian.
She is a very pretty lady, lovely markings.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:00 am

littlekitty wrote:Glad to hear that sh's feeling better Ian.
She is a very pretty lady, lovely markings.
Thanks Lynn Very Happy

There was a heart-in-mouth moment last night tho' .......

She'd gone back out but wasn't under the fir tree when I checked about 8pm and still no sign of her anywhere at 10pm. I was getting worried and was stood near the front gate calling her when she came running at full speed from behind me, jumped onto the fence, said hello then jumped down and hared off down the middle of the road. For a cat who rarely wanders far from my garden this was a Shocked

As there were lots of parked cars I don't know how far down the road she ran, but had vanished by the time I got onto it to look. I went back in hoping she'd just turned right and nipped into a nearby garden, so went back out every half hour to shout her. She didn't reappear till just before 1am, soaked to the skin so God knows where she'd been. I took her upstairs to her box where she soon curled up asleep as is still there now, having just finished breakfast.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:16 am

More and more unusual behaviour from Fudge, but it seems to me that she is 'running at full speed', 'jumping onto fence' 'saying hello' eating well etc. - all signs of a healthy cat. As Joseph got older we had a checklist - eating, able to jump, tail in the air, pooing and weeing. Running didn't figure really because he had less and less energy and preferred to amble, but the tail in the air was always a good sign (although JC always thought it was rude to have the backside revealed like that).

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:31 am

As she's never been the most energetic/active of cats, any concerns I have about her are pretty much based on her reaction to seeing Jimmy. She's been all but ignoring him, barring chasing him in and then out of the house a few days ago, and ignoring him like that is out of character as she loathes him Laughing

Other than that she seems fine, just a little subdued, she's probably eating a little more than usual and is drinking ok.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:46 am

I had forgotten the drinking - of course that figures on the checklist.

Funny how some cats have a real hatred for others - see Malo/Tubs. I think that if they all of a sudden stopped going after each other, I would find that very strange indeed. We had more through the window fights yesterday - one before I had closed off the front rooms for the night and the second as Malo had somehow managed to get into the bedroom despite the door being closed - revealing his determination to get at his nemesis.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:25 am

This is getting ever more bizarre, and not a little frustrating tbh.

Not only is she refusing to come into the house, last night she refused to stay when I carried her up to her box in my bedroom. On top of that, she backed away from me when I tried to pick her up again outside. Worryingly, she's stopped purring altogether when I pick her up confused Fudge, more progress - Page 4 975384

She wasn't in my garden late on so I called her and she eventually appeared, clambering over the fence dividing my and next doors garden, tho' if she can climb that so easily there's nothing physically wrong. She did a lot of sniffing at the flap and bottom of the walls then dashed to my gate and onto the road where she promptly started rolling about. She then trotted off but this time I was able to follow her and she didn't go far, only into the covered passage way between next door and the next house, so it looks like she's found somewhere to sleep nearby, but it surely can't be as warm and comfortable as her box here.

'EDIT 6.30am'

She's just come into the kitchen, tho' still not thro the flap, I had to open the door after spotting her outside. She's now in her box having breakfast, but how long she'll stay afterwards is anyones guess.

'EDIT 7.10am'

She still in her box, half asleep and purring Very Happy
My best guess as to what's happened is that she's seen a big fight in the house while I was out and it's scared her.

On a side note, there was a comical moment while I was out looking for her at midnight. A young girl was going home and heard me and came across the road to ask if I was looking for a cat as there was one yowling in the passageway between two house over the road. I told her it was unlikely to be Fudge but went to check anyway, it was Max after my black visitor and it turned out the girl was the owners eldest daughter.

I said he was mine and she told me Max often goes after their cat in the garden Embarassed I managed to get Max away then Buddy turned up looking for trouble, "That's another cat who picks on ours" she said and I had to tell her Buddy was mine as well Embarassed Embarassed Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunkyboy Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:52 am

HA! That's hysterical Ian. The thought of you having to "own up to both the thugs being yours"! Fudge, more progress - Page 4 72767
Chunkyboy
Chunkyboy
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 614
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:13 am

Yep, I bet she thought I'd trained them to go after their cat Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:13 pm

I brought her in and sat of the sofa with her just after lunch and got as much proof as I'm likely to get that *something* has happened in the house that has really scared her.

I kept hold of her as I knew the moment I let go she'd be off, which she later did, but while she was there she never purred or relaxed for a second and never took her eyes off the open door. The others came trooping in one by one and each time she heard the flap go she tensed and her hackles were raised.

What I don't get is that the others, if not actually involved in whatever went on, it's almost certain at least one of them would have been inside at the time yet they're not bothered confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:57 pm

Definately something has spooked her, maybe she was on the receiving end of the fight?
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:38 pm

Shows just how much your intuition was right all along. You really know your cats well.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:58 am

Strangeness. I hope she's back to herself now.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:30 am

A small step forward last night, but a step nonetheless Very Happy

I opened the door to find her sat on the doorstep so she was clearly wanting to come in but not quite brave enough yet. I'll keep doing as I have been, not pushing her to go where she's obviously uncomfortable, hopefully that will come in time.

As for her being in a fight, it's possible but the others still know their place with her, none are brave or stupid enough to mess her about, so it seems unlikely it was with any of them imo. Most likely she witnessed a set to between either Max or Buddy and the cat from across the road.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:18 pm

Hmmmm, things might-be-a-changing round here.................I saw Bola pester Fudge enough for her to back away from a bit of cooked ham I took out for her this afternoon Shocked

The Shocked was not so much that he did it, more that she let him. Maybe, just maybe, it's a change in the pecking order which is bothering her, tho' they're both been lay practically on top of each other under the fir tree since.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:46 am

YAY!!!!!!!

She went out just before midnight yesterday so I fully expected having to go looking for her today, but there she was when I woke, curled up in her box Very Happy Fudge, more progress - Page 4 579159 This is the first time she's come in voluntarily and gone further than the kitchen since all this started, but best of all she used the flap again. It wasn't cold or wet weather which made her come in as it was dry and pretty mild overnight.

If she goes out again tonight, or isn't in when I go to bed, I'll leave her to it.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:31 am

She's even just jumped onto my bed to say hello before wandering downstairs Very Happy Fudge, more progress - Page 4 579159

I've just noticed her claws need clipping, I don't want to do it myself (be a first if I did) nor do I want to take her to the vets till I'm sure she's *back to normal* for fear of upsetting her even more.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:38 am

Back to square one confused She stayed out all night in the rain last night and was drenched when I brought her in today.

Ian

Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:05 pm

She obviously doesn't mind the rain, like Sophie, she goes out in it and it's us that worry. I would leave her too it, she'll take her own time. You know she will come in if she wants to, apart from forcing her to saty in, what can you do, and that wouldn't be a good idea.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:20 pm

We've had storms on and off since lunchtime so I eventually brought her in and set her down in the box with a plateful of food. I expected to find her still there when I came to switch my pc on but no, she was stood right in front of the monitor, tho' she lay down so I could at least see most of it before she moved onto the windowsill Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:08 pm

She didn't stay long as Max, after days of sleeping on the stairs and only coming into my bedroom at silly o'clock for a snack, decided he'd like to sleep on my bed again Rolling Eyes That was bad enough but Bola appeared and went straight into the box to finish her food off, then curled up to sleep Twisted Evil so she had nowhere to go.

That said about Bola, he's been spending a lot of time curled up under the fir tree near her, almost as tho' he knows something is wrong and is just keeping her company.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content