For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fight

2 posters

Go down

Fight Empty Fight

Post by Ian B Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:22 pm

I heard the unmistakable sounds of a fight starting outside just before lunch today so nipped downstairs to check on *who* was involved. It was one of next doors 2 tabby toms and a black cat I assumed was, with his history of picking fights with them, Bola, but no, it was Dexter, who's normally the most placid of cats Shocked

I've not seen a full-on fight like this for a long, long time, the fur was really flying, but luckily it stopped after I shouted at them, the tabby tom heading home and Dexter making a run for cover under Debbies car. I've seen Dexter since and he seems ok, hopefully the other cat is as well, but it might have got very nasty for one/both if I hadn't been around to intervene.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Fight Empty Re: Fight

Post by Teddy Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:17 pm

good thing you were there, it could have ended with a trip to the vets for one or bioth. Oh cats can be so extreme, one minute cute little fur balls, the next, tasmanian devils. Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:33 pm

Too true Kath, it could have got nasty if I hadn't been around to intervene. I'm amazed at Dexter, I would have expected him to have run, not stand and fight. It's not as tho' he was trapped, he had acres of space to make a dash for it.

Ian

Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:51 pm

Haha the woem has turned, wonder how long he'll keep up the bravado act before he goes back to usual. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:04 am

Thinking about it, he's been getting progressively braver for a while, he'll go out of his way to pick on/chase Jimmy and will happily let Bola know he's in the mood for a bit of rough'n'tumble.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:49 pm

It's taken a while though, good on him, he's probably fed up being the underdog. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:47 pm

He's such a soft thing otherwise, I know I shouldn't say this, but even including my lot he's my fav cat out of all here because he's so good natured. There's no scratching, he doesn't pester for food all day (then leave it) and there's nothing he likes better than sprawling on a lap for strokes. I especially like the way he'll stand on his hind legs when I'm on my pc, then knead my shoulders with his front paws asking to be stroked.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:59 pm

aaaww that sounds so cute. There isn't many cats that won't pester us for food and as you say leave it cos it's not what they fancy at the time. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down