For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My little sick stray.

+4
*Prince*
maddymoo
Ian B
Teddy
8 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

My little sick stray. - Page 5 Empty Re: My little sick stray.

Post by Teddy Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:58 am

Probably that is the best we can hope for atm anyway. Her fur is very dull, so a better diet should help that, and you know what I've just found out? she is a SCAVENGER!!! little madam, knocked over the bin and was rumaging inside and came out with chicken skin that I had thrown away yesterday luchtime, she was hell bent on getting that skin, claws and teeth stuck right in. Laughing Seems like one sachet of food isn't enough for her at breakfast time. Now I know you give your kitties cat milk and Fin loves it, I've been given her some twice a day, half milk.half water, I didn't want to give her it undiluted incase it was too strong, do you think, Ii could be doing her any harm giving her this. I know some peole frown upon milk, evem cat milk, but you know my Sam loved milk. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:06 pm

Morning Kath, glad to read that things are going as well as can be expected with our gorgeous wee Fin. Long may it continue. (very busy in here today, but will make sure I log in now and again to keep up to date with anything to do with her progress) xx
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:11 pm

Hi Kath,

I wouldn't have thought cat milk would do her any harm, on the contrary, with it being liquid and specially formulated for cats, it might be ideal for her atm.

A scavenger? Laughing She'll probably settle down once she realises she doesn't need to go scrounging food all the time now. If she was fending for herself for any length of time it might be a while before she can break the habit of eating everything where and when she can. It's only in the past month or so that GT has stopped wolfing food down then scrounging more, he's still a pig, but he's now used to getting regular meals and hopefully Fin will be the same.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:29 pm

Laughing Moto has never had to scrounge for food and he is a right pig, it can be annoying really, he always has to come through to the kitchen and wail whenever we are there and there is just no way he can be hungry. He'll be eating whatever we have given him, but come and nosy to see what else we're preparing, then goes back to finish off. He is always getting a row for being greedy and when I start raging him ,he jumps into his bed constantly chattering back. Little bugger, only he's not so little. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:12 pm

Teddy wrote:she is a SCAVENGER!!! little madam, knocked over the bin and was rumaging inside and came out with chicken skin that I had thrown away yesterday luchtime, she was hell bent on getting that skin, claws and teeth stuck right in. Laughing
ROFL! Oh she certain she sounds like she's in brilliant spirits - which is wonderful to hear... even though she's being a little pest rummaging through the bin... lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:43 pm

LOL, she was just trying to tell me she hadn't had enough brekkie. Little pig. My little sick stray. - Page 5 735264
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:40 pm

LOL! Oh my! I'm sorry but the image of her munching into her foraged chicken skin is priceless! As for the cat-milk I would have thought that would be good for her, and by watering it down you're getting extra liquid into her to soften everything up, so that sounds great! Its great to hear that she's doing so well, its fantastic news that although she'd been, her rectum was in place in the morning.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:19 pm

It does seem good news, now whether her rectum was out last night I will never know, but as long as it stays in now, we're all happy. I have never seen her drink plain water but the minute I put down the diluted milk she's right in there, she will take that before any food. She is either not feeling 100% and who can blame her, or she is one very lazy cat, who just lies around all day. If I was to go into my room right now, she would jump off the sofa and come and see me, but as soon as she realises there is no food, she just goes back to lie down.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:35 pm

You can't blame her for lazing around all day Kath, who knows how long she was out on the streets for, so to suddenly find herself warm, comfortable and safe will be still be a bit new to her. If she was unwell it's unlikely she'd have such an appetite/thirst, I guess the vet checked for any disorders relating to this, tho' there's no harm in asking if they didn't.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:53 pm

Aww bless the wee guzzle guts. Like Ian said, if she's been out on the streets and feeling rubbish for so long, no wonder she's enjoying all the wonderful home comforts you guys are offering her. Cosy warmth and tasty food, what more could she want! (Im there on the next flight/train!) Wink My little sick stray. - Page 5 579159
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:56 am

How is our wee special Fin this morning?
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:57 am

Aaaaggggg, last night I was brushing her oh she just loves that and she was apwing my on my knees, but she was using all her claws, man that was not funny. LOL Anyway while I was doing that I noticed her second stitch was still in, bloody vet didn't take it out on monday and it's only meant to be in 2 days, so it was too late to go to the vet last night, so that will be a trip after tea tonight. So far everything is still in place, so keep your fingers crossed it staya put when this stitch comes out.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:05 pm

All fingers and toes crossed that everything will go smoothly after the stich is out!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:17 pm

Oh, I so hope everything stays in place.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:31 pm

I just let her out the cage and I had cornered off the area of work that she can't go in, too much tiny pieces of glass lying around. Well the little bugger made a bee-line ofr that bit and got in, so off I went and got some chicken, she was under a large light box that is abot 4 inches off the floor. Am on my hands ans knees enticing her ou with the chicken, when all of a sudden, this paw ( they're huge ny the way) came out from under the table and caught the pad of my finger. It is now pouring of blood and bruised and it aches. Oh she is definately a scavenger. LOL Needless to say, madam is back in her cage, with a full belly. My little sick stray. - Page 5 43453 Looking smug.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:34 pm

Teddy wrote:when all of a sudden, this paw ( they're huge ny the way) came out from under the table and caught the pad of my finger. It is now pouring of blood and bruised and it aches. Oh she is definately a scavenger. LOL Needless to say, madam is back in her cage, with a full belly. My little sick stray. - Page 5 43453 Looking smug.
ROFL! Oh, I'm so evil for laughing... but I can just picture the greedy paw coming out... lol! BG was exactly the same for the first month, until she understood that there would be food, not just each day, but even several times a day. But for those first few weeks, mercy on those that dared to come close to her food, whether that being me or Pok.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:41 pm

She sounds like GT where food is concerned Laughing I've learned to drop food rather than place it on the floor because I've often been clawed and even had my hand bitten more than once Shocked

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:03 pm

Fin and GT sound more like Big Cats than domestic cats. Bet they could give Sonia a run for her money. My little sick stray. - Page 5 43453
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:40 pm

ROFL, well it's still aching. Little bugger, oh well she may not be laughing once she gets her stitch out and her bums nipping. Oh shame I didn't really mean that. My little sick stray. - Page 5 43453 she is sound asleep noe looking the picture of innocence.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:07 pm

Awww bless her! ROFL! I'm sorry about your finger, but that is well funny!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:30 pm

Oh me, does she have a problem, well it's not bothering her but it sure is bothereing us, she farts big time, I can't believe a wee thing like her can produce a smell like that. DIRE. My little sick stray. - Page 5 43453 Suspect
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:04 pm

My little sick stray. - Page 5 43453 Its always the little ones eh! Silent but Violent! pheweeeeee
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:25 pm

*Prince* wrote:My little sick stray. - Page 5 43453 Its always the little ones eh! Silent but Violent! pheweeeeee

Oh it's really bad, I think we have to put her into the pen tomorrow, sheesh. Am just worried it could be her stomach, aaaaahhhh does it ever end, worry worry worry.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:49 pm

Some cats are just farters... Thomas was one, and he did it when he was having a cuddle... constantly, and it reeked! Yuck! lol! Hopefully it's not a sign of anything else wrong, but just her being a little farter.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:26 pm

but just her being a little farter.

Oh that's just so funny. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next