For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My little sick stray.

+4
*Prince*
maddymoo
Ian B
Teddy
8 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

My little sick stray. - Page 2 Empty Re: My little sick stray.

Post by Teddy Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:10 pm

I went in to se her and opened the cage door and she came right out and snuggled up to me, purring, now as I write this there is a lump in my throart. She has been someones pet , no way is she feral, it's just not on. All she did was circle me and nudg me with her head, God I so hope she pulls through, cos if she doesn't am going to me a right mess.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:18 pm

Oh bless... bless her sweet little heart and soul, and yours too Kath... I cannot bare the thought of her not being ok...
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:28 pm

Teddy wrote:I went in to se her and opened the cage door and she came right out and snuggled up to me, purring, now as I write this there is a lump in my throart. She has been someones pet , no way is she feral, it's just not on. All she did was circle me and nudg me with her head, God I so hope she pulls through, cos if she doesn't am going to me a right mess.
God forbid her not pulling thro' Kath, but if that happens, at least she will have known kindness in her final days. I know it'd be horrible for you to see, but it's far better in the company of someone who cares than roaming free with nobody to look after her.

As much as I love cats, you do things for them I could never be brave enough to do, and maybe the nudging is her way of saying thank you for caring even tho' she hardly knows you.

Everything is double crossed for her here.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:38 pm

Oh thank you Ian, am bubbling now, LOL she will pull through if I have anything to do with it. I don't know if it's brave, maybe a tad selfish as I get so much satisfaction seeing the ones that have a raw deal get better or get a good home, but at times I have to ask myself if I shold do this as I get so attached so quickly. But hey listen to you, you do what I do, only you don't have CP behind you, but you look and care for any lost souls that come your way, so we're one and the same really.
Thing is the usual CP woman is on holiday and the one that has taken over has been working with me, she knew I had the emergency pen, so stands to reason I get the emergency cat, and I have to make decisions, but I just feel if #1 woman comes back and decides to take her off me I will go ballistic and DEMAND (lol) she stays with me. Wait and see.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:47 pm

Hi Kath,

It's brave not selfish.

It's brave you doing this even tho' you know it might not have a happy ending.

There's nothing selfish about giving up your time caring for these cats.

If it wasn't for people like you who *push* to give these lost causes a last chance, there would be a lot of pets not here now.........and that's a fact.

Stand your ground with the #1 CP woman if you think there's a chance of this cat getting better.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:51 pm

Thanks Ian, I will just tell her to back off, apart from anything else, we all know how stressed cats gets with upheavel, and after the weekend I will put her out to the pen, which is yet another change, but then she can settle down and when she's well there is the outdoor section for her. Am usually very easy ohsy but in this case I want to see this toot get well and re-homed. Am being postive for her, but so far no POO LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:06 am

Awww she is a gorgeous girl. Hope she gets well and doesn't suffer to much. You are one brave lady Kath, I couldn't do what you are doing, giving these kitties a chance in life. She seems to know that you are trying to help her and make her happy, whatever the outcome.
We are all behind you on this one, and willing the wee toot a speedy recovery.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:08 am

littlekitty wrote:Awww she is a gorgeous girl. Hope she gets well and doesn't suffer to much. You are one brave lady Kath, I couldn't do what you are doing, giving these kitties a chance in life. She seems to know that you are trying to help her and make her happy, whatever the outcome.
We are all behind you on this one, and willing the wee toot a speedy recovery.

Thank you Lynn, with everyone behind her am sure she will put through, well am hoping anyway. What an appetite she has, don't want to give her too much right now, but boy can she eat. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:05 am

Oh bless her, she looks so sorry for herself. She sounds like an angel, am heartbroken for you, we're keeping everything crossed that she pulls through, I wish I could say something to make it easier, but am at a loss for words. She knows you are helping her, bless you, you are there for her when she needs someone the most. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:09 am

Ta Helen, she's doing ok though, she's warm and fed and comfortable, well I hope she is, she looks fine. Actually she has this look that says wtf, she just doesn't look well impressed. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:30 am

My little sick stray. - Page 2 VALCAT-DA-BIGHUGS
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:38 am

Thank you much appreciated, I've just gone in to say goodnight to her and she still wants cuddles. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:43 am

Oh my, what a sweetie! I wonder what lead up to her being a stray, such a loving wee thing should have been curled up next to a fire with a little old retired couple pandering to her every whim. Not on the streets in that state, oh the wee cutie, bless her soul.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:49 am

Thought you were going to bed, I was, LOL if she was lost wouldn't you think that someone would have been asking around, vets, media. CP. but nothing , so maybe she's just been dumped for whatever reason and who knows how long she's been wondering around. Am going to bed, been a long day. x
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:33 am

Hi Kath,

I forgot to mention this this yesterday when I posted about a liquid diet possibly helping, both Dee and Ambercat suggested it to me when Beckett had all but stopped eating http://www.liquivite.co.uk/index.html

Maybe CP wouldn't be happy at paying for it as it's quite expensive, but it'd only be short term while she had a chance to heal after the op.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:52 am

Teddy wrote:But hey listen to you, you do what I do, only you don't have CP behind you, but you look and care for any lost souls that come your way, so we're one and the same really.
Not really the same Kath, any waifs and strays I look after are generally healthy, and can stay as long as they like, plus the fact I usually only have one *guest* at a time Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:38 am

Laughing This is the sickest one I've had, the rest all just had ropey tums and bums, which is bad enough, Laughing Well today she is a frisky wee thing, god she's fast, and she ate all her food every last morsel and cleaned her plate. Am going to let her wander around in my artroom today to see how she gets on. So far no sign of her doing the loo which is worrying.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:51 am

Hi Kath,

I don't know much, well anything tbh, about this condition, but if the hard lump the vet found was *hard matter* due to chronic constipation, I just don't see how giving her solid food, even with liquid parafin, will help matters. Could constipation be the cause of this, I mean with her straining to go but can't?

The Liquivite I mentioned in my prior post must surely be a better option than solids as it contains everything a cat needs, but without the bulk.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:25 pm

Sorry to hear the wee one hasnt poo'ed yet, but glad to hear she has enjoyed her breakfast. It will be lovely for her to have a wee roam about the roam and stretch her wee legs. You never know, moving around might help her to have a movement too!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:49 pm

Ian B wrote:Hi Kath,

I don't know much, well anything tbh, about this condition, but if the hard lump the vet found was *hard matter* due to chronic constipation, I just don't see how giving her solid food, even with liquid parafin, will help matters. Could constipation be the cause of this, I mean with her straining to go but can't?

The Liquivite I mentioned in my prior post must surely be a better option than solids as it contains everything a cat needs, but without the bulk.

Ian

It does sound ideal, we have to take her back on Monday so I will ask them about that, as for the constipation, as you say if she still has hard matter then she's not going to get rid of that easily, even with liquid parrafin, as far as i am aware all that does is soften what she's eating now, now soften what may already be there. She hasn't peed either though and that's a worry.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:51 pm

*Prince* wrote:Sorry to hear the wee one hasnt poo'ed yet, but glad to hear she has enjoyed her breakfast. It will be lovely for her to have a wee roam about the roam and stretch her wee legs. You never know, moving around might help her to have a movement too!

I was wondering about that, get her active and things may start moving. She is so funny, just wanders around me when am kneling down to speak to her. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:02 pm

Aww bless her. Glad to hear that she is up and about, but still worrying that she hasn't been to the loo yet. She must be in some discomfort from not going, so hope things start to move to make her feel better.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:37 pm

I phoned the vet and he said the diet she is on is very digestable and he hopes she won't want to poo for 2/3 days, as for not peeing , it culd be because she is very dehydrated, as to encourage her to drink, oh aye like that's easy, Laughing if she still hasn't peed by lunchtime tomorrow we have to take her in. But she isn't trying to so that's not quite so bad, at least she's not straining.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Megsy Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:39 pm

Hope she continues to improve and i hope she wees soon.
Megsy
Megsy

Number of posts : 35
Cat(s): : TC and Tito
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:40 pm

Thanks Megsy, she sure doesn't look like she is even remotely interested in peeing, LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next