For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back from the *dead* (+new pic)

+4
littlekitty
Teddy
*Prince*
Ian B
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Back from the *dead* (+new pic) - Page 2 Empty Re: Back from the *dead* (+new pic)

Post by Gilly Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:11 pm

Awww he needs to come and live with his Auntie Gill and Uncle Neil......we'd give him lotsa hugs and feed the poor chap up Back from the *dead* (+new pic) - Page 2 579159

Good on you tho' for looking out for him......I think we'd probably all do the same too Very Happy
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Back from the *dead* (+new pic) - Page 2 Empty Re: Back from the *dead* (+new pic)

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:01 pm

He came barging thro' the flap earlier, spotted me and went into reverse, dashed up the side of my house and climbed over the fence, right into the path of a neighbour out walking his dog (not on a lead) dodged them, and for all he looks ill, the speed he managed that lot suggests he's not that poorly.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:22 pm

I've just got back from doing a bit of shopping, I'd locked the flap so any visitors couldn't get in, and found him sat on the back door step waiting for some food. I would have taken a pic but, jeez, if he looked ill in the other pics, he looks shockingly ill today Crying or Very sad Again tho', there's nothing wrong with his appetite, it's just the wild eyed look he has atm.

He tucked into some wet, had some biscuits and was enjoying a bowl of cat milk................till Jimmy hurtled thro' the flap and scattered it all over the place, which was enough to scare ginger off Twisted Evil

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:51 pm

till Jimmy hurtled thro' the flap and scattered it all over the place, which was enough to scare ginger off

There is always one ready to spoil the peace. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:23 pm

Teddy wrote:
till Jimmy hurtled thro' the flap and scattered it all over the place, which was enough to scare ginger off

There is always one ready to spoil the peace. LOL
I found him on the doorstep again about an hour ago, gave him a plate of food, but it was Bolas turn to disturb him by diving thro' the flap at 1000mph Twisted Evil

I'm going to have to try and follow him next time, if he gets to my front gate and turns left he's probably going home, but if he turns right it *could* be a sign he's left home/been turfed out/whatever.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:29 pm

oh it's times like thes wjhen we need a transmitter type thing, I would love to know where Sophie disappears to.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:48 pm

Poor Ginge. I do hope you can follow him to find out! Remember to don your long mac and false moustache, so he doesnt see you! Wink
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:59 pm

Time for the mission impossible music to play... lol

I'd be careful with the long Mac idea... accompanied with 'spying' behaviour your neighbours may get the wrong idea! Back from the *dead* (+new pic) - Page 2 72767
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:34 am

maddymoo wrote:Time for the mission impossible music to play... lol

I'd be careful with the long Mac idea... accompanied with 'spying' behaviour your neighbours may get the wrong idea! Back from the *dead* (+new pic) - Page 2 72767
A long mac, false moustache and dark glasses are pretty much standard uniform round here so I'd really blend in...............even the police wear them Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:35 pm

He's called twice today so far for a feed, and amazingly, the second time he purred his head off Shocked As much as I dislike this cat and that I'm only feeding him out of pity for the state he's in, I won't deny I was mega chuffed to hear it Very Happy Back from the *dead* (+new pic) - Page 2 579159

Strangely, all the times he's eaten here since he reappeared, he's not licked the plate clean once, so while he's obviously hungry he's not starving. If he carries on calling for food but doesn't put weight on, then it would appear he is pretty ill, but only time will tell about that.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:12 pm

Thats so lovely he purred his head off for you, he must be so greatful for the food.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:23 pm

So sweet him purring at you Ian. Go on.......... admit it........... you dont REALLY dislike the fella. Go on, go on! Wink
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:38 am

maddymoo wrote:Thats so lovely he purred his head off for you, he must be so greatful for the food.
He used to run like the wind at the first sight of me, tho' that was to be expected as I'd greet him with a cup of cold water more often than not, so to see him just sit there, let alone purr was a major surprise (and a bonus tbh)

Prince wrote:So sweet him purring at you Ian. Go on.......... admit it........... you dont REALLY dislike the fella. Go on, go on!
Nope, I dislike him. Besides being a greedy pig and a thief, he was a out and out bully with other cats if they ever came near him. I'd often throw bits of meat out onto the lawn for my/next doors lot, look round and he was there batting them away from the food, even Fudge was wary of him.

It's as well they don't remember how much he used to bully them or there might be revenge in the air, but maybe he's changed so much they don't recognise him. Either way, he's in no state to defend himself atm, let alone bully them again.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:45 pm

This gets worse as I'm now 90% sure he's deaf as well Crying or Very sad

He's just been round for his third meal today, trotted off and sat by the side of the road, but totally ignored kids dashing past on bikes, cars going past and a bloke out walking two dogs, and they were barking their heads off. I went out to him but he didn't realise I was there till he caught sight of me, even tho' I was calling out to him all the time.

I got a look at one ear and it's either full of dried blood or unbelievably dirty, tho' my guess it's the former and I'm starting to wonder if he's been hit by a car and had very little, if any, treatment. There's also a dark mark of some kind on the right side of his face near his jaw, tho' he can still eat well enough.

On the bright side, his belly is getting bigger, but the rest of him is still very scrawny.

Poor old sod Crying or Very sad

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:39 pm

Oh he's been through the wars,poor soul. Doesn't sound too good, dried blood, mark on his face, bigger/swollen belly but no weight gain else where, he must be a hardly soul, just hope with you feeding him that he'll be able to build up his strength.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:08 pm

Poor old fella. Sounds kinda like he's in his own wee world to me too, but perhaps its more like a "demntia type" rather than deaf, as he just didnt appear aware of what was going on around him. Makes me feel reall sad for him either way. Crying or Very sad Good on ya Ian, still feeding him and caring about him even if you dont care for him (or his former self anyway).
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:51 am

I'm in no position to do anything else but feed him, but at least hunger won't be an issue for him and will hopefully help. If you look closely at the last pic of him I posted you can just make out how dark both ears look inside, tho' the left ear is now *clean*.

I don't think it was a matter of him not being aware of his surroundings, as soon as something came into vision he reacted to it as all cats do, especially when seeing the dogs. He just didn't seem aware of any sounds.

I still don't know where he goes after leaving here, I followed him to the front gate hoping he'd head home but he just sat by the road and I gave up waiting for him to move. Speaking of the gate, there's a wire mesh on it to stop cats coming in, but between the gate and the gate post is a very narrow gap and he squeezes thro' that. If his belly continues getting bigger it won't be long before he gets stuck Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:52 pm

He was late arriving for breakfast today, just as I was ready to go out, but I fed him and while he was eating I clicked my fingers really close to both his ears in turn. He reacted, but not in the way a cat normally would, I think because the hairs inside the ears are so sensitive he could feel them moving rather than him hearing a sound.

I left him with the food so I still don't know if he goes home afterwards.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:42 pm

elusive wee thing, comes and goes and probably no one knows everything about him.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:27 pm

He doesn't invite himself in to steal food now, he'll just sit on the doorstep waiting till I see him, and he's just called again for some more food, backwards and forwards between a plate of wet and a bowl of dry, and for all he looks awful, he appears to be content enough..............and he was as happy as larry when I gave him some raw mince, he purred like a madcat Very Happy

I still can't make my mind up about his hearing tho', if there is dried blood in his ears it could be he's just hard of hearing and not actually deaf. There's some reaction when I make a noise, but not as much as I'd like to see. He eats well enough, his teeth are fine and he pees and poos normally and he's sprightly enough for all he looks a bag of bones.

I sat on the doorstep while he ate this time and when he'd finished he kept looking at the open door, I don't know if he wanted to come in, but that's a no-no I'm afraid.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:15 pm

Draw the boundry, he's getting so much more from you than anywhere else, and there is the box in your shed, so it's not as though he's being abondon, he will so learn whats available and what's not.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:37 am

He won't be coming in Kath, not if I'm around to stop him anyway.

I got a bit of a eye opener this morning regarding his size. I got up to see Bola stalking birds in a tree on the other side of the road, so opened the front door when I got downstairs. He came dashing home and tried to go thro' the same gap between the gate and gate post as this cat uses, but Bola couldn't even get his head thro', yet this cat goes thro' it no problem.

He was there at 9pm last night, patiently waiting on the doorstep for some supper but this time cleaned his plate.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:30 am

does sound skinny!!! or Bola has a big head Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:37 am

Teddy wrote:does sound skinny!!! or Bola has a big head Laughing
He used to be of a similar build to GT and while he's lost weight, he can't have lost that much off his face, unless someones shrunk his head Laughing

I'm wondering if it's possible I've got it completely wrong and this is a different cat? I thought I had some pics of how he used to be to compare with the recent ones, but I can't find them.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:13 pm

could be! his bone structure/size won't change regardless of how much weight he's lost, but if you've got the wrong cat, who is he?? Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next