For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back from the *dead* (+new pic)

+4
littlekitty
Teddy
*Prince*
Ian B
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Back from the *dead* (+new pic) - Page 3 Empty Re: Back from the *dead* (+new pic)

Post by maddymoo Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:51 pm

Ian B wrote:
Teddy wrote:does sound skinny!!! or Bola has a big head Laughing
He used to be of a similar build to GT and while he's lost weight, he can't have lost that much off his face, unless someones shrunk his head Laughing

I'm wondering if it's possible I've got it completely wrong and this is a different cat? I thought I had some pics of how he used to be to compare with the recent ones, but I can't find them.

Ian

Now thats a puzzler! Smile
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Back from the *dead* (+new pic) - Page 3 Empty Re: Back from the *dead* (+new pic)

Post by Ian B Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:08 pm

Bollyhocks, I've just been told it is the same cat and it's cancer Crying or Very sad

I came home early today, mainly because the pub was dead, but partly because I hadn't seen him all day. Anyhow, I arrived home to find him sat on my back doorstep, so I fed him with a choice of wet, dry, or some cooked meat bits.................he ate the lot Laughing

After he'd eaten he went towards the front gate so I followed him, just in time to be met by the father and the sons drug dealer mate (allegedly) and I couldn't resist asking what was wrong, then they gave me the bad news, it's cancer and there's nothing can be done. In fact he's beaten the odds by surviving this far, which I can easily believe having seen him now to how he used to be.

They didn't say how long he had left, it's not a exact science even with us, but I hope they won't let him suffer when it becomes obvious his time is up. As much as I've said how much I dislike this cat, I'll miss him, if only for the way he's just carried on regardless even tho' he must feel like sh#t.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:05 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this Ian. What a cat, he must surely be suffering, but he clearly still enjoys his food, so by giving him treats you are helping improve things for him. Such sad news.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:18 pm

Oh god that's awful, not surprising from what you've told us, but such an awful thing to find out. Like you Ian, I hope they don't let him suffer and I just hope he's not suffering now, who can tell, cats are so good at hiding how they feel. Poor toot, sad news.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:21 am

I forgot to mention I asked them if he is deaf now and sadly he is Crying or Very sad

One *good* thing is at least they admitted he was their cat and he'd been seen by a vet, it would have been very easy, not to mention callous in the extreme, to deny it.

As for him suffering/how long to leave things, as Kath said, cats are good at hiding how they feel, and as long as he is able to do the typical cat things he likes doing, I can understand them letting him carry on for as long as possible, even tho' it might appear cruel to some. He won't know he has cancer or that his days are numbered and as long as he's here I'll do my bit and carry on feeding him when he calls.

On a side note, money isn't a issue for this family as the wife and a daughter are both badly disabled so they will be getting the full amount of state benefits, and that can mount up to a tidy sum, and the husband is their full time carer with all the state benefits that can bring. Paying a vet will hardly make a dent in their money.

'EDIT'

He was sat on my doorstep again just now, and for all he looks rough, he seems happy enough, tho' a big plate of food no doubt helped Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:51 pm

He's just called back for Sunday brunch Laughing tho' I'm kinda relieved he trots off towards home after he's eaten. I don't mind feeding the old fella, but I don't want him to get too dependant, or worse, thinking he can come into the house. His breathing is a bit laboured when he eats, but that's mainly due to him stuffing his face as quickly as possible, it's fine afterwards.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:13 pm

The poor fella, I suppose its a good sign that they stopped and talked about him for so long, shows they at least care about him. Its nice he stops by for his treats, you know he finds enjoyment in those! Very Happy Whatever time he has left, he seems the character to make the most of it. Its great that you dont mind feeding him like this.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:04 pm

Hi Helen,

They were on their way down to pick him up and take him home before they even saw me, which surprised me tbh, but not as much as them speaking first, tho' like you say, that sort of thing shows they care.

I'm wondering if the dark mark on the side of his face is the cancer, if it is it won't be long before it affects his eating, and that will surely be the time to say enough is enough.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:03 pm

oh he's going through the mill, if he is eating and going around quite happily they (his owners) are probably doing what we would do, take it as it comes, I think when he stops eating, is lethargic or really seems stressed they'll know the time has come. Can't help getting a lump in my throat when I think of him though.

Just thought, he's still got such an appetite, between what you feed him and what he gets at home, makes me wonder if he's not able to digest food properly and it's passing straight through him, I know it's not Sunday reading, but am being ever practical. If so, he'll get weaker because of that alone, never mind everything else he has to contend with.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:14 pm

Hi Kath,

I don't think he's having problems digesting food, he's always been a greedy pig, that's why I dislike (disliked) him so much, he'd eat at home then steal food here. I think he'd be sick rather than pass food undigested.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:19 pm

so he's still a gannet even when ill. Very Happy Shame, his love of food maybe keeping him happy.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:35 am

Very much a gannet Kath Laughing

I fed him at 11.30 last night and I don't know how long he's been waiting, but he was there wanting breakfast when I opened the door this morning at 5.15.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:48 am

Morning Ian.

Some cats are natural pigs, Moto's one of them, never happy with what he's given always wanting more or something else. God help us. Rolling Eyes

You know, knowing how ill this wee soul is, I would just give him it all. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:25 am

He's on my doorstep again atm, but isn't really interested in food, he want's to come in and as he's seen Fudge, Bola, Jimmy, Max and Dexter come in/go out, he probably thinks he can as well. If he's around at this time of day he must be out all night and the weather wasn't good overnight by the looks of things, so I can't blame him, but even those big sad eyes won't make him welcome inside.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:28 am

there is always the shed, it's not as though there isn't somehwre relatively sheltered for him.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:32 am

Hi Kath,

I can't remember when the box in the shed was last used tbh, I've seen stripey tailed tom coming out of the shed but I'm certain he didn't use the box, and I don't think the poorly cat knows it even exists as I've never seen him go near the shed.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:41 am

Sometimes they need to be shown what's there, sounds daft I know, but both mine can walk past something so obvious and we have to literally pick them up and put them beside whatever it is we're showing them, usually food in Sophie's case, daft cat walks right past it all the time. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:52 am

That's true enough, I often have to *point* Bolas nose towards treats I drop on the floor. He'll see me drop them near him, but it seems like he loses them before they hit the floor even tho' they're right next to him confused Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:21 pm

crazy and I thought their eyesight and sense of smell was brill, maybe not. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:32 pm

Lol! Oh bless him 'but the others can go in' lol. Aye you'll have to find a way to show him the shed... a trail of mince perhaps.. Back from the *dead* (+new pic) - Page 3 43453 *pictures Ian opening shed to find 5000000 cats inside munching raw meat lol*
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:47 pm

Even tho' his owners told me he was definitely deaf I wasn't 100% convinced it was total deafness, so rooted out an old whistle my mum used to use on nuisance phone callers and gave that a try while he was eating on the doorstep.

I'd forgotten just how bloody loud it was Shocked he never moved but it scared the hell out of me, not to mention it making Dexter dash downstairs like he'd just seen the ghost of a Rotweiller Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:58 pm

Back from the *dead* (+new pic) - Page 3 72767 Back from the *dead* (+new pic) - Page 3 72767 Back from the *dead* (+new pic) - Page 3 72767 good god Ian, all these cats are going to think you've taken a dislike to them, blowing an earpiercingly loud whistle, moving Bola when he wants a lap cuddle, locking the cat flap. Sheesh they're all going to have a complex soon. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:01 pm

And so they should have Kath, they've all combined to give me one Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:05 pm

hahahaha diddums!!!!! at least you've only a complex I've got mites, swap you!!!!! Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:13 pm

Back from the *dead* (+new pic) - Page 3 72767 ya minger Wink Back from the *dead* (+new pic) - Page 3 72767
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next