For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back from the *dead* (+new pic)

+4
littlekitty
Teddy
*Prince*
Ian B
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Back from the *dead* (+new pic) - Page 4 Empty Re: Back from the *dead* (+new pic)

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:31 pm

hahahaha i certainly feel one, the poor vet went out of his way to try and convince me it was nothing to do with cleanliness. Rolling Eyes Mind you since Sophie has been relagated to the kitchen at night I haven't been bitten again. Poor Sophie.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Back from the *dead* (+new pic) - Page 4 Empty Re: Back from the *dead* (+new pic)

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:19 am

I've just realised how much he's earning his keep by sitting on the doorstep waiting for food, he might not look up to it physically, but he's actually a pretty good doorman Laughing Stripey tailed tom, Max and Jimmy were all hovering about in the garden but none would even try to come in while he was sat there. They'll barge past him thro' the flap if they're in, but not the other way round.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:19 am

Haha, great stuff! Good old Ginge!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:48 am

maddymoo wrote:Haha, great stuff! Good old Ginge!
Perhaps a bit cruel, but when his time is up, I could do with having him stuffed so I could leave him on the doorstep next to the flap Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:47 pm

Ian B wrote:
maddymoo wrote:Haha, great stuff! Good old Ginge!
Perhaps a bit cruel, but when his time is up, I could do with having him stuffed so I could leave him on the doorstep next to the flap Laughing

Ian

Hmmm, that has the potential of not just keeping cats away! Wink Laughing
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:46 pm

He called again just after lunch, with a few added matts on his right flank which doesn't help his appearance much................but you can tell by his eyes that he's happy and pain free, and again he purred like a madcat when tucking into his food here.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:58 pm

sounds good, pain free is all we can hope for really.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:38 pm

I hadn't seen much of him for the past couple of days, maybe first thing for breakfast but that's about it. Anyhow, I saw him earlier trying the flap, he was pushing at it with a paw and it looked for all the world like he was knocking on the door Laughing which is a massive change from him just barging in to steal food like he used to.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:07 pm

He's learning some manners at last, tomorrow he'll be back to barging in. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:24 pm

I hope not Kath Laughing It's strange to see him behave like that, this is the same cat who shattered a flap in his rush to get out not that long ago, now, barring today, he just sits there on the step waiting till I spot him.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:00 pm

wonder what has changed him so much, maybe he just knows you now and knows there is food what ever so isn't in so much of a rush.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:12 am

Teddy wrote:wonder what has changed him so much, maybe he just knows you now and knows there is food what ever so isn't in so much of a rush.
He knows me.................as that person who used to chuck cups of cold water over him and chase him away evey time he came near Laughing

I'm guessing here, but perhaps he doesn't come in because he's a lot weaker than he used to be, using the flap is too much effort, or if the cancer is anywhere near his face, it could just be too painful too nose the flap open.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:23 am

Oh yes, that's right, throwing water all over a poor defenceless furry creature who was just calling out for help. Back from the *dead* (+new pic) - Page 4 43453 Ok so am exaggerating.

If he is too ill and weak, personally, as hard as it is, I would be seriously thinking it's cruel keeping him like that, and maybe it's time to put the poor thing out of his misery.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:15 pm

Hi Kath,

He's not that weak, tho' there's no doubt he's not as strong as he used to be. I much favour the thought of it being painful for him to nose the flap open, tho' for all him being clearly ill, he's one happy cat, at least with a plate of food in front of him.

My flap has a centre magnet which *should* mean the flap itself always ends up dead centre for easy use once opened or closed, but often doesn't. If it's been opened from the inside, more often than not the flap will only close so far so needing a bit of effort for it to be pushed open from outside, and vice-versa. There's only Bola who barges thro' it regardless, even next doors three have trouble coming thro' at times as it can take more than one go to open it.

The noise it makes when opened could easily be another reason he doesn't use it, he must remember I was never best pleased to see him inside Laughing and as he can't sneak in quietly nor get out as fast as he used to, he might be thinking it'd be better to not sneak in again

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:05 pm

Not that it was needed, but I got definitive proof the old fella is deaf this afternoon Crying or Very sad

He came crashing thro' the flap after a plate of food he'd spotted with enough noise to make my neighbours think someone was kicking their back door in Shocked Laughing then he nearly jumped out of his skin when he spotted me, he *should* have heard me cursing long before seeing me.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:28 pm

Speed reading through some posts Ian, and have just caught up on this.
So sorry to hear the poor fella is so ill. I feel really upset. Very glad you are around for him. Ach, I just hate things like this. No
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:32 pm

*Prince* wrote:Speed reading through some posts Ian, and have just caught up on this.
So sorry to hear the poor fella is so ill. I feel really upset. Very glad you are around for him. Ach, I just hate things like this. No
Yeah, as much as I disliked this cat, I can't help but feel sorry for him and making sure he's fed regularly is not going to break the bank. For all his health problems, he's as happy as any other cat, I can tell by his eyes he's content and in no pain.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:39 am

He's tucking into a chicken wing atm, and while I won't pretend it's a major weight gain, you can easily see how his shoulders and hips aren't as prominent now when he's hunched over eating Very Happy

Back from the *dead* (+new pic) - Page 4 Cancer10

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:48 pm

If he's still happy and still eating and still getting the fright of hios life when he see's you, Laughing that's all we can wish for. He's tucking into that chicken wing anyway. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4