For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saffy is missing

+10
Chunkyboy
pokbg
hayley xx
Teddy
Laura
*Prince*
littlekitty
Ian B
maddymoo
nicola
14 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Saffy is missing - Page 2 Empty Re: Saffy is missing

Post by nicola Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:58 pm

She is still not home, tbh i don't know what else to do i am hoping that like Ian said she has come home but i have not heard her (i don't think so tbh but you never know).
I just want to know what has happend as it's the not knowing that is awful.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by hayley xx Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:28 pm

Hi Nicola

I havent been around for ages and am so so sorry to hear abour Saffy.

You must be worried sick mate and I feel so for you.

A couple of months ago Chester got out of the "enclosed"(?) garden and I hadnt realised. From the moment that I did realise it took chester another day and a half to come back.

Well actually he didnt come back as such, we were out looking again whistling and shouting up and down the road and he just appeared out of one of the alleys. He was fine, although dirty and looked like he had, had some fun.

It was a horrid time and I know what you are going through. Chester had never been out of the garden before and so I thought that would be the last I would see of him.

So Nicola, Im sure that she will return at some point. (Can you remember , must be over a year ago now when Mrs Moggs went missing for days, but finally did come home---ickle was distraught)

Keep shouting her name hun and keep positive. I am sendng you postiive vibesXX

Come on Saffy--enough is enough now. Go home XXX
hayley xx
hayley xx
Cat Lover
Cat Lover

Number of posts : 52
Cat(s): : Nelson, Tilly, Chester, Eddie and Dodger
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi Nic,
Just been on another cat forum and someone else's cat went missing for 8 days, but the lady kept sending leaflets through doors and shops etc, she did this three times and eventually someone had spotted the missing cat, which has now been returned to it's home.
Keep those posters/leaflets going Nic, there is a chance that she has been seen within the last 24hrs and is being cared for by someone. Don't give up hope mate, I know it's the not knowing what's happened or where she is that is the worst thing. We're all hoping that she makes an appearance soon.
*hugs*
Come on home Saffy, your mummy is waiting.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:37 pm

Although it will feel as though she has been missing for so long Nicola, it's not that long really, she could easily wander in anytime wondering what you're worried about. As Lynn says keep posting the leaflets and try your local radio station, ours will announce missing pets daily. We also put an ad in the local paper, you could try that.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:43 pm

Thanks everyone x

She is still not home, i will carry on with leaflets and the posters and good idea about the radio (thanks kath) i just wish she would come back it's been so cold here over the last few days and we have had snow today (she has never seen snow before), it's the not knowing that is the worst No

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:00 pm

Oh Nic ((((((((hugs))))))))) Don't loose hope. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:20 am

Bugger, she's not back home yet.

It's very rare I'm online at this time of night, but I was soooooo hoping, like the rest of us, she'd be back by now. As Kath said, it might be a long time to you Nicola, but in cat terms, it's not, so keep hoping she'll be back soon, we all will.

'EDIT'

If you could only see how many times I've edited this post Embarassed Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:29 am

Ian B wrote:

'EDIT'

If you could only see how many times I've edited this post Embarassed Laughing

Ian

LOL Saffy is missing - Page 2 43453 thank you Ian, will let you all know as soon as i know x

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:38 am

I keep turning my computer on to check for news. Thinking about you all the time, Nic xxx
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:52 am

((((((hugs))))) Oh Nicola... sending you tons upon tons of hugs... and lots of "come home vibes" to little Saffy... Please come home beautiful, your mummy is missing you so much!

At the moment I know that it's not much of a concellation, but once we had a little female kitty (the males always used to dissappear now and then, but females never used to wander) whom went missing for 3 weeks... and then one day she just sat in our lawn - back home again!

We think she'd been locked in somewhere, as she had lost lots of weight... keep telling neighbours, it could be that she's locked in someones shed or garage...

Fingers and toes crossed she'll come home real soon! (((((hugs)))))
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunkyboy Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:34 pm

This is the first of me logging on since Saturday night. I am really sorry to hear Saffy hasnt come home yet. Dont give up Nic. (((hugs)))
Chunkyboy
Chunkyboy
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 614
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:52 pm

Just home from work (come home early as it's so quiet bloody credit crunch) and she is not home No .

Worst still I had a phone call this morning off someone that saw the posters I put up, it was a lovely lady and she was very upset telling me that she had seen a dead black cat on the side of the road (the one that phoebe was killed on), she had phoned the environmental health as they are the ones that deal with dead animals, I was so upset I could not stop myself crying and nether could the lady that phoned me.
I phoned the environmental health as I know they scan for micro chips in all animals that are found (saffy is micro chipped), they said the cat that had been picked up had no micro chip thank goodness (for me not the poor cat RIP little one) so I'm hoping that they really have scanned the cat and not just said that.

I'm going to go out and have another look for her now and then put up some more posters, I just wish I knew one way or the other what has happened to her

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:42 pm

Oh Nicola, this is so hard for you and especially getting that phone call. I would think EH would scan, lets just hope so, and we'll keep positive Saffy will re-appear.

Like you, I would find the *not knowing* so difficult to deal with. Could you try putting her favourite food outside, say on your front door or your garden if you have one, if she's not too far away the smell may entice her back, but be warned it could also attract other cats close by, just a thought. Is it possible to leave a window open so if she does come home during the day, there is a way for her to get in.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:09 pm

Oh the poor little kitty... sweet dreams little one... but I'm so glad it's not Saffy.

I know it's been a while now, but I'm certain she's fine... chances are she's out there making babies... and hopefully she'll be right back home with you soon! (((((hugs)))))
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:39 pm

(((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))) how horrendous. RIP little cat. The one upside is that it's proved people have noticed your posters and you can bet that that lovely lady is keeping an eye out for Saffy, the more people that know, the greater the chance of her being seen. Its been such a rollercoaster of a day for you Nic. I just hope there's some good news for you soon. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi Nicola,

Shame about the other cat, but as Helen said, at least it proves people are noticing the posters.

As Saffy isn't used to being outside, it's beginning to sound like she's just got lost, which isn't good, but cat's are amazingly resilient and will somehow manage to find food and shelter.

I had another visitor in my garden earlier, a cat I'd never seen before, all white except for his tail which looked like a raccoons, and the way he was miaowing and prowling round my garden, I'm as sure as I can be that he was lost. I don't think he had a collar on, he scarpered as soon as he saw me and I haven't seen him since.

Just keep doing as you're doing now, easy for me/the others to say I know, but you can't do anything else atm. How far afield are you putting up the posters? As she hasn't come back and you've heard nothing, it may be worthwhile going outside of your immediate locality with them.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:26 pm

Cant say anything better than what others have Nic. But I am thinking of you and Saffy constantly. Try stay strong. xx
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:56 am

Just wanted to echo Nicki's words.

I do hope she's safe and warm somewhere, although like Ian said, cats are strong creatures.

Thinking of you xx
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:32 pm

Here's hoping todays the day. Stay strong hun. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:35 pm

Thank you all x

I will keep up with the posters but other than that there is not much else i can do, i do leave a window open when i'm in work and also my grandad is in so there is someone here all day.

Lilly is missing Saffy so much she is sitting in her wondow keeping a look out all day long and then she wil go from room to room looking for her and crying, i feel so sorry for her and i don't know what to do to make it better.

Last edited by nicola on Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:37 pm

(((((hugs))))) You're doing all you can do, Nicola... lots of hugs to you guys and little Lilly too. Here's hoping Saffy is back home soon.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunkyboy Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:12 pm

There truly isnt anything else you can do Nic. You are covering every eventuality. Poor Lilly, missing her wee sis. Thinking of you at all times. xx
Chunkyboy
Chunkyboy
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:08 pm

Oh Nicola, I was so hoping I was going to read good news. Poor you and Lilly, it's a waiting game now, give Lilly lots of attention and cuddles. It will comfort you as well while you're waiting. xx
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:59 pm

How is Saffy with strangers Nicola? If she's ok with them it's possible somebody has found and started feeding her, perhaps even taken taken her in, and they might not be that local to you.

Lily sounds so much like Fudge when we lost her best mate Black Tom, she also went from room to room looking for him and would sit on a windowsill watching for him coming home. It was heartbreaking to see, more so because there was no way of telling her he wouldn't be back.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Hi Ian,
saffy loves everyone animal or human it don't matter, if she sees someone walking past the house she go's on the pillar outside the house and will meow to them till they come and give her some attention, so yes someone could have taken her in and tbh I hope that is what has happened.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next