For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic)

3 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) Empty Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic)

Post by Ian B Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:06 pm

She's by far the biggest sun worshipper out of my lot, so with it being so sunny and warm today she should have been in her element. Not a bit of it, she'd been curled up on the stairs all day till about an hour ago, at one point I even carried her outside but all she did was sniff the air before dashing back inside thro' the open door to resume sleeping on the stairs again Rolling Eyes

What's the betting I'll struggle to get her back in tonight as well? Laughing

Ian

Last edited by Ian B on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) Empty Re: Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic)

Post by Ian B Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:17 am

She's at it again, after being out all night she's asleep on the stairs instead of being out in the sun with the others. She came down while I had the door open to collect my milk, had a quick peep outside then dashed straight back to the stairs Rolling Eyes

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) Empty Re: Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic)

Post by Ian B Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:07 am

I'm used to her giving Bola the odd paw swipe for no reason, but last night she picked a fight with the young cat from across the road (and won) then when she ran off Fudge turned her attention to Max as he ambled past, who was probably just too startled to fight back Shocked There must have been something in the air Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:24 pm

Laughing Little sod, maybe it was just too hot for her. Send her up here, all weekend it was persisting down, fine today but lousy for over a week. If she likes rain, Scotland is where to be. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:02 am

She's just very crotchety at times (most times tbh) and the others never seem to learn Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:33 am

We'll blame her age Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:36 pm

She took a liking to the box my latest cat food order arrived in but it's a bit high to be easily jumped into without knocking it over, so with her love of small spaces/boxes, I moved that to one side and put a much smaller box down in it's place.

She's totally ignored the smaller box and now I'm stuck with her in the other right in the middle of the hall floor as I know full well if I move it again she'll refuse to go near it.

Contrary Fudge strikes again Rolling Eyes Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:07 am

She tried the smaller box late last night but didn't like it and asked to go out, even tho' *her* box was only a couple of feet away. As it was so late I switched the boxes round again and guess what? Yep, she dived straight into *her* box now it was back where she thought it should be and she was still there today, dead to the world Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:33 am

Well really bad you for moving her box in the first place. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:50 am

With her liking small boxes I thought she'd approve, but not a bit of it Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:50 am

She's fallen out with the box altogether now Rolling Eyes

I managed to persuade her to come in and stay in as I was getting ready to go to bed and she followed me upstairs, I thought she wanted her spot on the landing windowsill back but no, it's my bedroom windowsill again. That's fine by me, but Bola had it on him big time, if she was there, there must be room for him as well, but there isn't and it took some cursing to stop him trying to jump up.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:13 am

hahahaha words fail me. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:01 am

After spending the last few nights sleeping on my bedroom windowsill, coming in after I've gone to bed if not already there. She was missing when I got up today and I found her curled up asleep, covered in dew under my cherry tree and it was chilly last night. Contrary? The word barely covers her at times Rolling Eyes Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:15 am

After coming in for a bit of very late supper, she went back out it it seems she spent the night under the cherry tree again. Still, if she's happy doing it I can't complain, tho' if the weather forecast for tonight and onwards is right, she'll probably come back indoors then.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:16 am

She didn't come in, preferring to sleep under the tree again Rolling Eyes

I don't think she's been in the house for more than 2 hours out of the past 36+ confused She did come in for a bit of brekkie today but went straight back out after and I'm not bringing her in just so she can go back out because I won't let her sit on me (as she did late yesterday afternoon) I'll just hope the wet weather forecast for this weekend does the trick.

'EDIT'

Oh, while I think about it, yesterday I put food down for her and Bola in the kitchen. Typically, Bola soon lost interest in his and wanted Fudges (they both had the same food Rolling Eyes) but instead of giving him the usual paw swipe when he gets too close, she moved away to give him room then started grooming the top of his head while he ate *her* food.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:44 am

I had to carry her in again, but at least she's stayed this time and curled up on my bedroom windowsill (still there atm) The weather no doubt convinced her that being outside, even under a tree, wouldn't be as warm and dry as being inside.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:02 am

She was out when I got back from the pub yesterday and stayed out all night as well................in the pouring rain Rolling Eyes I spotted her under the fir tree as I opened my bedroom curtains today, tho' came in for a bit of brekkie when I opened the door.

There's a downside to her staying out and leaving Jimmy alone, he's now spending even more time here, I don't think he's been home for a few days now. Debbie doesn't mind him and Dexter calling here if there's nobody home to let them in, she knows where they'll be and that they're safe, but while Dexter has been going home, Jimmy has shown little interest in doing so.

Ian

Last edited by Ian B on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:43 pm

This is getting ridiculous, tho' it's now clear something is bothering her about being inside confused

3 times today I've brought her in out of the rain and taken her upstairs to my bedroom, where she seemed to settle down asleep but soon wandered back outside. What's puzzling me is normally she'll purr when I pick her up and bring her in, but not now. She doesn't panic and isn't afraid, but I can see/feel she's more tense than usual over *whatever* is upsetting her about being in the house.

It's persisting it down, near blowing a gale and chilly atm, but she still prefers trying to stay warm and dry under the fir tree, mission impossible in other words. I just don't get this at all.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:32 am

I managed to persuade her to stay in all night, where she happily slept on my bedroom windowsill and is still there, looking all sleepy eyed atm.

'EDIT'

She's out again now and is refusing to come back in even tho' she's absolutely drenched Rolling Eyes

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:47 am

She was sat under the porch over the front door late last night, trying to shelter from the rain, and kept running off when I went to pick her up. I managed it eventually and took her upstairs to my bedroom windowsill where she stayed all night and is stll there atm.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:51 am

She came in by herself last night, the first time for a few days but refused to go further than the kitchen then went back out. I ended up carrying her up to my bedroom again where she slept all night on the windowsill and is still there atm, but why she won't go upstairs on her own is a real mystery confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:32 am

Hmmmm, could the ol girls joints be hurting her maybe? Perhaps try some seraquin (rip off at vets, not bad from ebay!) or maybe a stair lift? Or perhaps she is just being a contrary madam, just for a change lol!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:38 am

She's as nimble as ever Helen, I often find her sat on my shed roof so I doubt her joints are troubling her. Hell, she's even joined in with the others when I play with them outside with a long piece of grass, she leaps and pounces like a kitten after it Very Happy

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:00 am

I dozed off last night and didn't wake up till midnight, so up I got to bring Fudge in as I've had to do lately, but no sign of her in the usual places outside. Out came my trusty wind up torch while I looked further afield, but still nothing confused She was of course, in my bedroom on the windowsill when I finally went to bed and must have been sat there watching me looking and calling for her.

Just to rub things in, Max and Bola were also missing. After Max stopping sleeping in the living room, preferring a mat in the kitchen for some reason, I found him fast asleep behind the living room curtains.

When I finally got to bed at 12.45am Bola appeared and decided to try a new box I'd put next to the pillows for Fudge that she'd ignored. It's really too small for him, but he kept me awake for 15 minutes with all his moving about before he gave up trying to get comfy and went back outside. To the loony's shed I assume as that's where I found him today.

It's a good job I can manage quite happily on only a few hours sleep.

'EDIT'

I forgot to say Fudge jumped down onto my bed on her way for a drink of water at 2am, jumped back onto the bed on her way back, leapt thro' a gap in the curtains but landed paws first in her bowl of dry and slipped off the windowsill. The sound her her hitting the floor with a thud and the bowl of food scattering all over the carpet was loud in the dead of night.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:02 pm

Laughing Laughing I don't know why you bother even going to bed, but no doubt even if you were only to dose off and on in a chair downstairs, one of them would make sure they disturbed you. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next