For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic)

3 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 3 Empty Re: Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic)

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:42 am

As she showed no signs of coming in again last night I picked her up and carried her upstairs to my bedroom windowsill, after putting a t-shirt there that was due for washing, for her to sleep on and a few Dreamies. The hope was my scent would help her relax and stay, but not a bit of it, the treats had gone in seconds and she was past me heading for the flap before I'd got thro' the bedroom door.

That she didin't purr as I took her upstairs should have been a clue she wouldn't stay long. I'd love to find out what's upset her so much, but I'll probably never find out. She spent the night on next doors shed roof again by the looks of things today.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 3 Empty Re: Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic)

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:30 am

She came in for brekkie but dashed straight back out into the pouring rain Rolling Eyes tho' at least she's just had a go at Jimmy Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:43 am

Maybe she's not upset though, maybe she just likes outside now and again rather than being inside. She is contrary after all Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 3 43453 As you know, they will please themselves regardless of how we feel about anything, it sounds as though she's just being the normal Fudge we all know and love. Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 3 579159
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:34 pm

She's happy enough Kath, so I'll just leave her to it, she'll come round in her own good time.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:58 pm

She's been sat out in the pouring rain all afternoon without even attempting to shelter. I did bring her in at one point and plonked her down on the dining room windowsill where she did a bit of sniffing about before settling down then getting her head under the net curtain so she could have a proper look outside.

As she was purring her head off I thought she might stay, but no, a few minutes later she went out again. When I let her in for food shortly afterwards I locked the flap but was soon disturbed by her pawing at it, so had no real option but to unlock it and let her out again.

If she wasn't eating and drinking so well I'd be far more worried, but while she seems fine I'll just have to accept she's in one of her moods again and hope it soon passes.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:55 am

She stayed out all night again Rolling Eyes I reckon she's not been in the house for more than an hour in total all week.

I'm tempted to ignore her today and not even take food out in the hope hunger will make her at least come in by herself, but it'll only make me feel guilty.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:20 pm

Oh yes, I wouldn't be able to do that either Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 3 43453 I'd be tripping out there, saucer in hand, jut to make me feel better if nothing else.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:59 pm

I put a bowl of fresh water out for her yesterday so she won't go thirsty even if she's not coming in, and she's had a bit of food taken out today. I've discovered she likes Dreamies more than the rest put together, tho' they at least chew theirs before swallowing, she just picks them up and they're gone Shocked Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:09 pm

hahaha yes both Moto and Sophie do that, doesn't touch the sides, probably filled with additives. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:29 am

She put two paws inside before turning round and going back out last night, tho' a bit of supper finally tempted her in. I'd taken the box off my bed and put it in the kitchen, it's small and sealed with a entrance hole cut in, ideal for her I thought and at one point she did investigate it, but that was as far as she went. Still, there's hope she'll use it at some point soon if the others don't get there first.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:53 am

She came in for food yesterday and took an interest in the box in the kitchen again, even so far as going in to investigate it Shocked I had hoped she'd settle down and sleep, but as soon as my back was turned she was off out, where she stayed all night again in the rain Rolling Eyes I don't see as what else I can do now but let her come back inside when she's good and ready to.

Anyhow, here's a pic of her, rather her tail (and just look at it Laughing) in said box yesterday.

Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 3 Tail10

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:41 pm

I found her peeping thro' the flap just after lunch and she even came in voluntarily when I opened the door. I did hold out hope she'd stay and she did, but not for long, tho' her wanting to come in at all is the first time in over a week now and it's a start.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:54 pm

She does know how to worry you, but she seems to be happy enough being outside, I wouldn't be happy though if it was persisiting down, like it is here and she decided not to come in. Nothing you can do really, you could lock her in which isn't a good idea, I think that would really stress her, so try and relax about it, easier said than done I know, but she doesn't appear stressed, so hopefully very soon, she'll start staying in more often.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:01 pm

I tried locking her in on Friday but all she did was paw at the flap, so I had to let her out. It's not as tho' this is the first time she's behaved like this, I should be used to it by now but it's all but impossible not to worry even tho' she's happy enough being out so much.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:09 am

Another small step forward late last night.

She was sheltering from the rain under the front door porch but kept running off when I reached out to her, after half an hour or so she made her way to the back door and slowly crept into the kitchen even tho' Bola, Max, Dexter and Stripey were there eating.

I put a bit of food down for her and went to bed at just gone midnight, then at 1am I was visited by a agitated Stripey, miaowing loudly and going from room to room upstairs. I'm guessing he was looking for another way out because Fudge was sat right in front of the flap, I heard it go at 1.30am so I assume he got past her or she'd gone out. Either way, if she had been blocking the flap it's the longest she's been inside for well over a week now, and even tho' she was out when I got up today, she was sat on a wheelie bin waiting for me instead of being on next doors shed roof.

She wouldn't come in but I was welcomed by a purring-for-England Fudge, another thing that hasn't happened for a while.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:09 am

I've just found her peeping thro' the flap again wanting to come in and she's presently polishing off a plate of food. Eating that much is rare for her, but to do so while Jimmy and Dexter are also in the kitchen can only be a sign that she's feeling more relaxed about being inside again now Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 3 579159

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:49 pm

Oh she is one complex lady, as you say though, she's done this before, so hopefully she'll come around again, and all will be well...........................until the next time.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:10 pm

A huge step forward this afternoon Very Happy Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 3 579159

As she was out and it was persisting it down I went looking for her and found her sheltering, but still soaked, under the front door porch. I picked her up and took her into the kitchen and gave her a bit of food while I went and sat on the sofa. As I didn't hear her go out I kept calling and was amazed to see her stroll into the living room, the first time she's been in there for many a month.

She wandered about, sniffing everything like it was the first time she'd been there, then jumped onto the windowsill. I had hoped she'd curl up and go to sleep, but no, after 10 or so minutes she jumped down and I assumed was heading for the door. If I was amazed at her coming into the living room, I was gobsmacked when, instead of going out of the door, she jumped onto my lap where she sat purring her head off for a good hour.

Sadly it didn't last, she'd ignored Max who had comandeered the footstool, but when Dexter appeared and jumped onto the sofa besides us it was the cue for her to get down and go back outside. She hasn't been back inside since, but it's a start and I don't want to spoil things by pushing her to join us in the living room, so I'll let her come back inside in her own time/way.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:41 am

After yesterdays step forward, it was back to sleeping on next doors shed roof last night confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:22 am

Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 3 43453 she just likes to keep you on your toes.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:25 am

I can't decide if feeding her outside is not just encouraging her to stay out, but I can't not feed her confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:14 am

Well when you do she definately doesn't have to come in for anything, so I suppose you are encouraging her, but on the other hand, I couldn't not feed her either. You could try not giving her any for a few hours and see if hunger makes her come in?
Remember the tiny kitten I fostered who refused everything I tried to give her? now you would think hunger would make them eat but not her, well not until I puried her food, so just be aware that they don't all follow their hunger, maybe just keep feeding her. Wink
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:21 am

She was out all night again and has refused to come in so far today, but has had brekkie, even if it was on top of a wheelie bin and in the rain. She still seems happy enough and isn't wandering far, if at all from my garden, she comes when I call her and purrs like a mad-cat when stroked.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:36 pm

She does seem fine, eating, purring and not ignoring you, so all in all, I wouldn't be too concerned. Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 3 579159
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:35 pm

She's been out in the rain all day, tho' at least she's sheltering under my fir tree atm, but even tho' I should be used to it by now, this behaviour totally baffles me confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next