For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic)

3 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 4 Empty Re: Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic)

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:39 pm

Well, that's what animals are good at, baffling us. It's been persisiting down here all day, yet Brian was chomping on the wooden run, which is covered to keep him dry, so Steve has let him out into his outdorr run which is soaking and he's sitting there all happy and smug. I'm in here worried he'll get a chill with being wet. I think we worry too much tbh, I would think if they were uncomfortable both would seek shelter inside, wouldn't they????
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 4 Empty Re: Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic)

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:07 pm

You'd think they'd have the sense to shelter wouldn't you? At least this time with Fudge she's staying near the house, last time she must have found somewhere warm and dry in a neighbours garden. She looks so miserable just sat there in the rain, but can't be as she's a purr machine whenever I go out to her.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:27 pm

I know, they do look miserable don't they??? well Brian is still stitting outside................................................looking miserable. Rolling Eyes Going to chase him inside, I just hate this, he should be tucked up nice and cosy as should Fudge. Do you think it's a conspiracy????? Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 am

I left the back door slightly ajar as she'd been sat on the doorstep for a while late last night and eventually she came in for a bite to eat, I shut the door and went back into the living room leaving her eating. I kept calling her and in she strolled, jumped onto my lap and stayed there for a good half hour, purring like a mad-cat Very Happy

The big test came when I had to move her so I could do my usual last thing at night tidy up, so moved her onto the sofa. I didn't expect her to stay as Dexter was there as well and I was right, but this is what I found when I went back in Shocked

Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 4 Fudge_15

It seemed for all the world she was going to curl up and go to sleep but no, she jumped down and headed for the windowsill as I was getting ready to go to bed. She jumped up, had a good nosey round the freshly painted and now completely empty windowsill and settled down at one end. I left her there and went to bed hoping, but not confident, that she'd still be there today but she was, the first time she's been in overnight for about 10 days Very Happy Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 4 579159

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:52 am

She always looks so white Laughing good she stayed in last night, but what about tonight???? she'll leave you guessing until the last minute.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:00 pm

It's up to her, but I'll need to leave the living room door open if she decides to come in and wants to use the footrest or windowsill as she's not used to using that flap.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:16 pm

and the rest will follow Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 4 43453 livingroom full of cats tomorrow morning.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:37 pm

Surprisingly, there's only my lot and Stripey who venture into the living room..........oh, and Dexter, none of the uninvited guests do for some reason. Probably memories of cushions being hurled at them plays a part in that Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:01 am

Back to square one last night Rolling Eyes confused

She was on next doors shed roof again, in the pouring rain and refused to come down. I tried to tempt her down with some cooked chicken, but after I'd scrambled up close enough to wave it under her nose she snatched it and moved out of reach. This was the first time I've known her to snatch food like that.

She finally came down, wandered round to the front of my house under the front door porch where she rolled about wanting belly rubs and purring her head off. I gave up and went to bed as she was obviously happy enough. She's in the back garden atm, miaowing at me when I go out, but this time if she wants food she'll have to come in for it. I've tied the flap open to try and tempt her in, but I'm not hopeful.

She can be one very strange, not to mention infuriating, cat when she puts her mind to it.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:15 am

She's back on the shed roof again now Rolling Eyes

I've tried taking a plate of her fav food out and waving it under her nose a few times, but while she smacks her lips she's still refusing to come down for it, and I'm refusing to give it to her till she does. I feel a bit guilty, but I don't see what option I have, tho' it's partly my fault for giving in before and feeding her there.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:10 am

She finally agreed to come down off the shed, but tried to insist on having brekkie on top of a wheelie bin. I wasn't having that so picked her up and plonked her on the kitchen floor where she all but ate up before going back out. She was last seen rolling about wanting belly rubs and when she didn't get any, walked off in a sulk Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:39 pm

hahaha she certainly likes her own way. I've no idea why she does this, but as she seems fine, I'm guessing she just likes to be pampered. Wink
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:36 pm

She loves being pampered but hasn't got the sense to realise she'd get a lot more inside. If she thinks I'm going to stand out in the rain any more than I do already, not to mention taking food out, she'd better think again Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 4 43453 bet you still go out with food for her, I know I would. Embarassed Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 4 43453
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:47 pm

Brekkie yes and maybe a bit later on but that'll be it. She much prefers dry food but she'll have to come in for that.,

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:48 pm

She did this last year though didn't she? so come the autumn nights she amy revert back.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:03 pm

Yeah, but it was winter last year so it was only a matter of time before having somewhere warm and dry to sleep was enough to persuade her to come in. It's been pretty wet here, but it's also been mild so as long as she's found somewhere to sleep/keep dry at night, she'll probably carry on like this.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:19 pm

But she'll be fine until the time comes wneh she decides it's time to come in. Very Happy
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:30 pm

I've just found her sat on top of a wheelie bin, a sure sign she was hungry and it only took one wave of a opened sachet of food under her nose to tempt her in. How long she'll stay afterwards is anyones guess tho'.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:50 pm

If she's upset about Tatty-eared-tom and the other black cat sneaking in, she should be able to relax as I've not seen Tatty for ages and I haven't set eyes on the other cat all day, and that hasn't happened for a long time now. I know the second cat sprays against the wheelie bins a lot, so he may well have done the same against the door and flap, tho' I've tried to clean both.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:44 pm

You wouldn't have thought she would sit on the wheelie bin if he's sprayed on it and she's nervous about them. Could be that there is nothing wrong with, she just wants to stay outside. There are enough places in your house where she could be undisturbed.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:35 am

If she wasn't eating and drinking so well and her starting playing, not forgetting her habit of doing this, I would have taken her to the vets before now, but she's fine otherwise. The thing that is really puzzling me is why she'll use the flap to go out, but not come in confused

I let her in late last night, she had a bit of supper then strolled into the living room and onto the windowsill like it'd always been her fav spot, where she stayed the night. She's just jumped down for a drink, but not before I had chance to take this pic

Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 4 Window11

'EDIT'

She's still in Shocked and hasn't even looked like wanting to go out so far Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 4 579159

'EDIT #2 9am'

And she's still in after getting on for 12 hours now Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 4 579159 I hope I'm not jumping the gun here, but it's looking like she's settled and happy about being inside again.

Ian

Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:15 am

I had to bring her in when I got back from the pub yesterday, but once on the living room windowsill she was happy to stay put and was still there when I got up today Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 4 579159 She didn't even mind my choice of post pub music, which is invariably played loud enough to scare the neighbours Embarassed Laughing

Now all I've got to do is convince her she can use the flap to come in as well as going out.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:42 am

Does seem strange she won't use the flap both ways. I think I touch of training with her fav treats is in store. Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 4 579159
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:12 pm

Done that with no joy. She's just one very strange cat at times confused Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next