For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic)

3 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 2 Empty Re: Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic)

Post by Ian B Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:36 am

It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't such a light sleeper, a cat wagging it's tail is enough to wake me, so I've no chance of sleeping thro' the noise this lot make at silly o'clock.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 2 Empty Re: Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic)

Post by Ian B Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:38 pm

She stayed out all night again so I carried her in first thing today, where she stayed, even tho' it's been gloriously sunny all day, fast asleep on my bed till 4pm when she finally woke and went out.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:53 am

I don't know whether she started or just finished it, but she had a major set-to with one of next doors two toms yesterday. I heard them and spotted this tom when I looked out of the dining room window and assumed Bola would be involved, but when I got there I was gobsmacked, considering he's twice her size, to find Fudge doing all the threatening.

Bola soon appeared and took over from her, chased him over the fence and into his garden, tho' it was more yowling at 40 paces than actual fighting. I'd like to think he came to Fudges rescue but there was no need, either way, this tom won't be wanting another fight with her anytime soon Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:01 pm

She can certainly stand up for herself, looks all fragile too, hahaha she soon shows everyone what's she's made of. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:05 pm

She's feisty all right, never mind the butter-wouldn't-melt look Laughing

She strolled into the dining room this afternoon, I suppose she's been there before but I don't remember when, and promptly jumped onto the windowsill and curled up asleep.............barely a foot away from the black cat from across the road Shocked

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:55 pm

Has she always been feisty or has that come about through age and experience?
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:25 am

Besides hating Jimmy, I don't recall her being like this when Black Tom was here, but then she had a real soul mate in him so there was probably no need to show this side of her character.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:47 am

True, have you had her since she was a kitten?
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:28 pm

I can't remember tbh Kath, but I don't think so. She must have been next door for some time before following Black Tom here. I can only guess at her age by how long she's been with me.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:26 am

I heard a fight start at the front of my house around 7pm last night, and even tho' they havent been here long, I can recognise the screeches and yowls of next doors two toms when they're being picked on. Thinking Bola was involved as usual I nipped out to stop it, and by this time it'd developed into a full-on set-to so I didn't fancy trying to break it up.

I didn't have to thankfully as the tom managed to scramble back home over the fence, then Fudge appeared, hackles still raised and pawing at her mouth Shocked Considering she's less than half the size of the tom I feared the worst, but I'd no need, she was trying to dislodge a mouthful of his fur so she must have really got hold of him...............and she was pretty pleased with herself to boot.

The same cat had a big fight with the thieving black tom in my garden as well this morning. It's bad enough Bola picking on them without her starting as well, the poor things must feel like they've been moved into a war zone Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:19 am

That's my girl Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 2 579159 not standing for any carry on from any tom. Poor things though, I doubt they've had a moment to relax since moving in, their nreves must be shattered. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:28 am

Ian B wrote:The same cat had a big fight with the thieving black tom in my garden as well this morning. It's bad enough Bola picking on them without her starting as well, the poor things must feel like they've been moved into a war zone Laughing

Ian
It's all just kicked off again between them Rolling Eyes

As for Fudge, defending herself I'm used to, but not her actually starting a fight with any cat other than Jimmy.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:36 am

2 pics, one unusual, the other almost unbelievable

Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 2 Sharin10

and taken seconds later but from a bit further away Shocked

Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 2 Sharin11

She knew Jimmy was there but still ignored him and at one point I thought he was going to try and share the food with Fudge when Bola moved away from the plate, but Bola had second thoughts and went back which was probably the best thing he did all day. Her ignoring Jimmy is one thing, but I doubt she's ready to share food with him just yet Laughing Him being confident enough to be this close to her is something I never thought I'd see.

The stones against are there blocking holes Debbies horrible little dog has tried to dig under the fence.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:23 am

Wow great pics, all bonny cats abd look at Jimmy just sitting there, looking quite calm. Contrary Fudge....*again* (new pic) - Page 2 579159
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:29 am

If I'd waited a bit longer he got even closer without her even so much as looking at him Shocked She's in the kitchen atm and he wants to come in but isn't quite brave enough yet, tho' she's seen him and done nothing so I think he'd be safe enough. I guess after so long of being her personal punchbag it'll take some time before he dares start pushing his luck even further.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:45 am

Oh yes, he'll be wary for a while yet, just hope she doesn't resort back to bullying him, that could really freak him out. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:05 am

Once he's got past her he'll be safe as she's now refusing to go any further than the kitchen Rolling Eyes I took her up to my bedroom windowsill last thing last night with a handful off cooked ham as a bribe for to her to stay, she ate that then legged it back downstairs and out of the flap and she stayed out all night again.

They're both in the kitchen atm with no signs of trouble, but I'd rather have that side of her back if it meant she was happy in the house again. I took her into the dining room and put her on the windowsill, but as soon as I left she followed.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:42 pm

Wonder what's upset her, if anything has. It may just be one of her contrary moods Laughing remember a while back she went through a similar thing, staying out all night, even in the rain rather than be in the house confused
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:42 pm

By the amount of sniffing she does inside, it could well be the smell of a cat spraying that is the cause. I haven't noticed it tbh, but I've cleaned every area I thought might have this smell, then doused the areas in vinegar, but she still sniffs here and there.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:12 am

Oh now I could be wrong here but I don't think vinegar is good to use as it has ammonia in it and cats associate it with urine, will need to check that though. I was told while at CP to only use biological washing power to wash everything down.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:19 am

I didn't know that. I use a vinegar/water solution as I'd read online it was good for masking the smell of cat pee. It works for my nose but perhaps not for cats.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:25 am

She came into the kitchen for a last-thing-at-night-supper yesterday and stayed while the others all went back out. She looked like she was going to settle down in the kitchen for the night, not ideal but surely better than next doors shed roof? No prizes for guessing where I found her today all covered in dew Rolling Eyes

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:46 am

I finally managed to tempt her down off the shed roof with some cat milk and a few Dreamies (never tried these before and they all love 'em, but I won't be buying many packs at the price) and she's now licking the dew off herself while sat on a wheelie bin.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:52 pm

I've even had to take water out to her today as she's been slumped on the lawn or path in the sun Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:05 pm

haha she has you well trained. Mine love Dreamies, we got a pack of 3 for £2 at Asda, but have to admit, they are expensive. Tesco have there own alternative and the cats like them just as much. They're around 80p a packet, so now and again isn't too bad.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next